Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Yes or No?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Chewed up my front passenger side (got a hole and immediate pressure loss, by the time I've got to the shoulder the tire was toasted) and now my rear drivers side is leaking too so I need a new set in a hurry. I heard everyone was saying the stock TF are junk but didn't think they were this bad. Just under 30K kms on them.
Anyways, looking at a new set and I've had my eye on Ridge Gripplers for a while. This is the exact size I'm looking at, about an inch taller than the stocks, same width and they will go back on the stock rims.
What I need from a tire is a good load rating and puncture resistance as well as traction on and off road, don't really care about snow performance as I don't drive my truck in winter times. I don't do any hardcore offroading but I do go off the pavement and into the gravel and dirt roads and trails. Tires will need to withstand high loads in harsh conditions for extended periods of time, think hauling a fully loaded truck camper down the Dempster Highway which is 900kms of gravel (one way).
Nittos are 10 ply tire, 127Q load index and can handle up to 3860 lbs per tire at 80 psi, I think they fit the requirements, no? Is there any other tire I should look at that will work better for what I need?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Also, I know it's not applicable to you folks South of the boarder but anyone has any discount coupons for tdotperformance.ca site?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Recon Grapplers?

55K tread warranty, not sure on load cap. There was a recent thread here on them.

Also, carry a plug kit and emergency valve stem kit... and of course, a compressor.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Recon Grapplers?

55K tread warranty, not sure on load cap. There was a recent thread here on them.

Also, carry a plug kit and emergency valve stem kit... and of course, a compressor.
I had to take a peak at them, apparently the Ridge Grapples are out of stock country wide. One place I called actually recommended Recon Grapplers as an alternative. They're very similar to Ridge Grapplers and also 10 ply and the same load index in the size I want.
I will search for that tread you mentioned.

jbncccb

Reaction score
I had to take a peak at them, apparently the Ridge Grapples are out of stock country wide. One place I called actually recommended Recon Grapplers as an alternative. They're very similar to Ridge Grapplers and also 10 ply and the same load index in the size I want.
I will search for that tread you mentioned.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
My ridge grapplers have been good on the road. I don’t think they’re great off-road but I seem to be in the minority there.

Mine developed cracks all over all four of them. They look dry rotted like they’re ten years old but they’re two. No tread wear warranty so tire shop just told me to call nitto. Nitto hasn’t returned my voice messages. Probably won’t buy nittos again due to this

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Was able to find Ridge Grapplers in a different size though, 35/12.5R20. These are 125F which is 12 ply tire.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
My ridge grapplers have been good on the road. I don’t think they’re great off-road but I seem to be in the minority there.

Mine developed cracks all over all four of them. They look dry rotted like they’re ten years old but they’re two. No tread wear warranty so tire shop just told me to call nitto. Nitto hasn’t returned my voice messages. Probably won’t buy nittos again due to this
Rock crawling and running them at very low pressure when offroad probably did it to them, thick sidewalls can't be good at flexing, probably hard rubber compound too.

I think they'll be perfect for what I need them for, as mentioned no hardcore offroading for me.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Rock crawling and running them at very low pressure when offroad probably did it to them, thick sidewalls can't be good at flexing, probably hard rubber compound too.

I think they'll be perfect for what I need them for, as mentioned no hardcore offroading for me.
They’ve never been rock crawling or at low pressures.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
So far I'm a fan of my Ridge Grapplers. Noticing similar cracking as @Rockcrawlerdude and mine are less than a year old. Already have 20k miles and they are wearing very slowly!
All four of mine look like this over 100% of the tread between the blocks. 21,000 miles and 27 months since they were manufactured
F3532543-E17A-40DF-AF99-7E4DA5DD4906.jpegA11DCA2D-DBCB-47ED-AA95-2D7701AE3EC2.jpeg

KT.CUMMINS

Reaction score
All four of mine look like this over 100% of the tread between the blocks. 21,000 miles and 27 months since they were manufactured
Mine look like that too but they have been on the truck for 3 years and have 65k miles on them. I am happy with them on my 2017 Sierra Gasser, not sure if they perform as well on a heavy diesel.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I had them on a 1500 Silverado, they were considerably worn and had the same cracking at about 40K. I liked the tires but they had subpar wet traction.

bbritt18

Reaction score
I had Nitto's on my F-250 work truck and I had 4 tires that broke the steel belts in them. We finally got them off the truck and went with BF Goodrich's which were not my choice.

whitexc

Reaction score
Yup mine look similar to that. I wonder if the sun causes this cracking.
I was told the sun caused this to my 8k transcrap jobbers. All are cracked just like that, maybe worse.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread