Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Sorry to hear this, I can't believe this is still an issue out there. My dealer was trying to dealer trade to get me a 2021 tradesman yesterday but now I'm not sure about the truck until I can drive it on a hot day. I surely thought that since the TSB on this issue that the 2021's would not...
  2. R

New tires installed!

Looks great, I love that size. I have tried all kinds of tires for rock retention because I live and work on gravel. Those AT3 will improve after a few thousand miles, they aren't the worst tire I have had in that respect. They ride nice and are very durable tires.
  3. R

Tundra owner here - advice on new ram

I would most certainly go with the 2021. You get the improved fuel pump and the new HVAC updates. But I am not a "bells and whistles" guy, I just want reliability before all else.
  4. R

Rim offset question

Most 9" wide aftermarket wheels offer a offset at *20mm or +18mm. Those are the wheels you will want to go with to keep as much tire under the fender as possible.
  5. R

Considering trading my 2017 f250 6.2 for 2019 3500 6.4

I went from a 2017 f250 6.2 to a 2019 2500 6.4. One of the first things I noticed was how much better the ride was with the coil rears in the 2500. The 2nd best difference was the super smooth 8 spd. Loaded with my skid steer, the Ram squatted less than my previous F-250's also. I'm 6'2" and...
  6. R

Reset my expectations?

My 2019 6.4 with 4.10's had no delayed tranny engagement or felt weak on any shift. I have experienced the delay from reverse to drive in my 2017 Ford F250, it was not normal on that truck and I found it extremely annoying. So your ZF8 could have an issue, but I have not heard of this problem...
  7. R

another question...3.73 or 4.10 on a 6.4 hemi CCLB

I don't tow often either, I had 4.10, and if I order a new one, it will have 3.73 for sure. I also run stock height tires. My 4.10 felt to low geared unloaded, this 8spd does wonders for the 6.4.
  8. R

good gas mileage

Thanks for posting the comparison. It really seems the 8spd combo has improved mpg and certainly the performance. Updates would be nice to see in the future. Cheers.
  9. R

Another 3.73 vs 4.10 thread - placed order with dealer and second guessing my decision

My 2019 6.4 had the 4.10, I ordered it that way because of my past experience with F250 gassers. If I can order a new Ram Hemi this year, I will go with the 3.73 for sure. I felt the 4.10 were just too low for DD around town unloaded, that 8 speed really has a low 1st gear. I don't tow over 10k...
  10. R

Good all around tires

I have ran a lot of different all terrain tires on all sorts of HD trucks. Based on your "quiet highway ride and mileage" there is one superior tire I have ran, the Michelin Defender LTX. I had a set on my 2018 cummins and current F250. The other tire that I have ran once, and would buy again...
  11. R

2500 Gas vs Diesel 4.10 vs 3.73 gear ratio

Congratulations, that color combo looks really nice.
  12. R

Wheel and tire size

I ran 295/70/18 with 18x9 +20mm offset aftermarket wheels, on my stock 2018 2500. No rub and I wouldn't go larger with that setup.
  13. R

A/C Issues? Anyone else

This is exactly what my 2019 2500 6.4 hemi tradesman did. I told my dealer several times the AC is fighting engine heat. I'm glad RAM is now offering a TSB, but my truck is long gone for my F250 now.
  14. R

Fix for A/C issue??

My 2 trips to the dealer netted nothing really. I was pretty tempted to do the bypass as that is the only real fix out there. But then the blend-door issues just pushed me back to Ford. Now I have a perfect HVAC system and don't need to run AC on 60 deg. days anymore. While I would really like...
  15. R

Turn off auto sound for connected devices?

Maybe related question: my tradesman small screen uconnect rings full volume on incoming cell phone calls. It is crazy loud vs volume knob in truck. I can't seem to be able to control the ring volume via uconnect and rather have to remember to turn my phone ringer down each time I get in the...
  16. R

Constantly adjusting heat

You describe my last 2019 2500 and current 2020 1500. 2 trucks in a row is not a fluke, the current system is a poor design.
  17. R

Diesel gas comparison

Diesels are designed to tow. Sounds like you have a pretty good reason to get one but you surely don't need to. The 6.4 is designed for heavy use and work truck fleets, so it will last up to your needs. I used to be a diesel guy but the last few trucks have been gassers for me because of my...
  18. R

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

With the current 8 spd I don't think all the 3.73 regrets will exist. If someone wants to tow regularly or run heavier and larger than stock tires for sure the 4.10's would be the better choice. But my 2019 4.10 truck seemed almost geared to low for my around town errands running the 275/70/18...
  19. R

Lets see your black trucks with aftermarket wheels

The factory 20" wheel offset is 57mm. If you go with an aftermarket 20" wheel you will want the 18/20mm offset size. Combine that with the largest factory size of 285/60/20 or a 295/60/20 which is a little larger you will be set. No rubbing or need to level. The tires will stick out roughly 2"...
  20. R

Does MDS/Eco cause a small jolt?

When my 2019 came in and out you could tell around town. Coming out sometimes felt like a shift.