Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Issues? Anyone else

diablo82

Reaction score
Do does anyone here actually got their A/C fixed by the dealer yet?

Hstone556

Reaction score
Kind of seems futile to go to dealer now, when its freezing. They already think we're making it up when its hot... :rolleyes:

KBob

Reaction score
I'm following this and a CP-4 thread. I was just traveling in 60 degree weather, and air coming out of the vents ... on Vent.... was 15 degrees warmer than the outside air temp so I'm sure heat from the heater core is leaking into my fresh air. In the Summer my air temp was never better than 55 degrees on recycle. Like someone just said no sense in taking it in until it's 95+ outside.

Lilbxl

Reaction score
So, my build date is 10/20. I’m guessing I’m not in this TSB as of yet?
Or, have they made the changes to the trucks built after the July 2020 build date? I'm guessing there will be a second round for build dates after July 2020. Any feedback on this?

Last edited:

Bman16

Reaction score
My effort for RAM to help the ac pretty much ended today. Been with the dealer almost two weeks. Reached out to RAM executive they were very responsive however was called to pick up the truck today they said the ac was fine to roll down the windows during hot days to let out the heat, dont use max ac and set fan on 4. Drive around a bit then roll up windows. They said they were able to get the cab cold. I tried it truck behaves the same to me. Its cool but not cold like I think it should be. Nothing else I can do will prob trade it in for one of the new f250 coming out and take the loss. Thought you would want to know how my journey ended.
Man I’m so sorry your situation ended up, I am to experiencing problems with my 2020 Ram, it is very frustrating.

RainDesert

Reaction score
When trying to use the HVAC in what used to be labeled "VENT", I also have found that with the compressor off, and temp set to "LO", the air coming out is generally about 15 degrees warmer than the outside air, and this would be early AM before the sun is up. Clearly, the A/C is having to fight the heater.
This is exactly what my 2019 2500 6.4 hemi tradesman did. I told my dealer several times the AC is fighting engine heat. I'm glad RAM is now offering a TSB, but my truck is long gone for my F250 now.

Last edited:

boatdude1

Reaction score
Do does anyone here actually got their A/C fixed by the dealer yet?
My dealer got the parts today. I have an appointment for Tuesday to get it done. They are providing a rental vehicle and said they need the truck for 3-5 days.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
This is exactly what my 2019 2500 6.4 hemi tradesman did. I told my dealer several times the AC is fighting engine heat. I'm glad RAM is now offering a TSB, but my truck is long gone for my F250 now.

Thanks?

EGD

Reaction score
I'm following this and a CP-4 thread. I was just traveling in 60 degree weather, and air coming out of the vents ... on Vent.... was 15 degrees warmer than the outside air temp so I'm sure heat from the heater core is leaking into my fresh air. In the Summer my air temp was never better than 55 degrees on recycle. Like someone just said no sense in taking it in until it's 95+ outside.
I would take the 55 here in FL during summer, not now.. Coldest I could get was 60.

Powerwagon20

Reaction score
So, my build date is 10/20. I’m guessing I’m not in this TSB as of yet?
Or, have they made the changes to the trucks built after the July 2020 build date? I'm guessing there will be a second round for build dates after July 2020. Any feedback on this?
I hope so my was built mid July after the time for the TSB and the AC sucks compared to my 2017 Ram Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread