Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Keep cargo cam on while driving?

All, I sometimes have delicate stuff in the bed I would like to keep an eye on while driving. The manual states: So that obviously means that it switches off after those 10 seconds if driving above 8mph. Is there a way to disable that so it's displayed until I manually switch it off? AlphaOBD...
  2. D

Single-side parking lights?

Coming from European cars, I wonder if the HD Rams have the following feature (probably not, though, couldn't find anything in the manual): When you're parking on an unlit street, you can turn on the roadside parking lights only for better visibility of the vehicle. That's accomplished by...
  3. D

Type of power steering, electric or hydraulic? Adjustable with AlphaOBD?

I'm just wondering whether the power steering in our HD trucks (2022 PW, specifically) is hydraulic or electric? If it is electric, might there be a way to adjust its behavior with AlphaOBD? The reason I'm asking is that I think the steering (which is play-free) is a little bit "soft", i.e...
  4. D

Anyone here who wants a 1953 PW?

There's one with a rather famous owner for auction, just FYI.... https://www.autoevolution.com/news/tom-sellecks-1953-dodge-power-wagon-selling-with-rifle-rack-in-the-cab-but-no-rifles-212462.html
  5. D

Clicky/squeaky steering wheel?

All, half a year into ownership of my '22 PW I noticed that the steering wheel oftentimes (but not always) started making a clicking/squeaking sound when turning. Hard to describe, though. Anyone noticed something similar? Any solutions? Thanks!
  6. D

Headlights on Auto and Uconnect/Dashboard lighting

All, just something I've wondered about: so I usually drive with the headlights on Auto. That is controlled by an ambient light sensor depending on outside light conditions and I get an indication (green symbol) in the dashboard when the headlights are on. It's my expectation that the...
  7. D

USB drive issues on uconnect5. Can't be that hard to get it right, can it?

I can't be the only one that has issues with playing mp3 files from an USB drive on uconnect5, can I? I've tried different drives, both formatted in FAT32 and NTFS, with the same results: - uconnect keeps indexing the drive, but when done, I see the folder structure of the drive under "browse"...
  8. D

iPod classic and Uconnect 5 not working?

All, Now that I got my 2022 2500, I tried using my trusty ipod classic with it, but no avail, it doesn't get recognized. It worked perfectly in my 2019 with uconnect 4, so is this something that is already known? Yes, I know it's 2022, but for some reason uconnect frequently loses the...
  9. D

Digital Rear-view mirror - will my truck have it?

So since I see the digital rear-view mirror as a nice feature, I'm wondering if my ordered truck (pretty much loaded Power Wagon) will have it. In the RAM configurator, it is incompatible with the safety group (which I have), so one can only order either, but not both. I'm now wondering if one...
  10. D

New PW

All, I just wanted to say "Hi" as I intend to trade my 1500 with a Power Wagon once it arrives...