Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicky/squeaky steering wheel?

DrTron

Reaction score
All,
half a year into ownership of my '22 PW I noticed that the steering wheel oftentimes (but not always) started making a clicking/squeaking sound when turning. Hard to describe, though.
Anyone noticed something similar? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
Mine started squeaking in a certain range when turning the steering wheel after the AC TSB was done. I don't know if it was a coincidence or they had to remove the steering wheel for something, but that's when it started. I did not want to take a chance on creating another problem by taking it back and having them take things apart so I lived with it. After about 1 year; the squeak stopped, but so did the heated wheel. My clock spring broke causing my heated steering wheel to stop working. I took it in to get it replaced and the clock spring repair was quoted at about $1,100. I'm also still waiting on the clock spring after 8 weeks so; If you are in warranty, I would take it in and get them to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread