Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Rear-view mirror - will my truck have it?

DrTron

Reaction score
So since I see the digital rear-view mirror as a nice feature, I'm wondering if my ordered truck (pretty much loaded Power Wagon) will have it.
In the RAM configurator, it is incompatible with the safety group (which I have), so one can only order either, but not both.

I'm now wondering if one just won't get the mirror if the safety group is ordered, or if the mirror is part of the safety group (or some other package, description doesn't really say) and my truck will have it....

Can anyone who has the mirror answer that?

Thanks!

BaseBD

Reaction score
The groups are changing alot in what they contain and dont. I ordered my tradesman in January and the digital rearview mirror was included with the safety group.

Last edited:

sstoner911

Reaction score
So since I see the digital rear-view mirror as a nice feature, I'm wondering if my ordered truck (pretty much loaded Power Wagon) will have it.
In the RAM configurator, it is incompatible with the safety group (which I have), so one can only order either, but not both.

I'm now wondering if one just won't get the mirror if the safety group is ordered, or if the mirror is part of the safety group (or some other package, description doesn't really say) and my truck will have it....

Thanks!

Check your build list.

DrTron

Reaction score
I would, but as my truck has been sitting in "ordered" state for three months now, I don't have a build list yet. But sure, that information should be on there.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I would, but as my truck has been sitting in "ordered" state for three months now, I don't have a build list yet. But sure, that information should be on there.

My understanding is that is with the Auto High Beams you will NOT have the digital mirror.

DrTron

Reaction score
Interesting that those two features should be mutually exclusive.

mountainears

Reaction score
I have the auto high beams and a digital mirror on my limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Thanks!
The safety package includes auto high beams. The digital rear view mirror is not capable of auto high beam camera. This is why it’s one or the other for the power wagon.
I have the auto high beams and a digital mirror on my limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your limited is able to have both because you also have forward collision warning. The forward collision warning camera takes on the duties of the auto high beams in this case, instead of a rear view mirror mounted auto high beam camera.

DrTron

Reaction score
Are we talking about a 1500 or a 2500 Limited here? Because for the 2500 Limited, at least in the build configurator it's the same: either/or.
@Jimmy07, so you're saying that physical space constraints in the mirror only allow for either the high-beam camera or the digital mirror?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Are we talking about a 1500 or a 2500 Limited here? Because for the 2500 Limited, at least in the build configurator it's the same: either/or.
@Jimmy07, so you're saying that physical space constraints in the mirror only allow for either the high-beam camera or the digital mirror?
Let’s just say for the sake of confusion, forget about the limited. The limited, there are certain things you choose in order to retain auto high beams (standard on a limited), and have the digital rear view mirror.
For the power wagon safety package and digital rear view mirror, you can only have one or another. This is because the auto high beam camera is integrated into the regular rear view mirror. The digital rear view mirror is not manufactured with an auto high beam camera. Therefore, choosing the DRVM package cancels out the safety package because of the auto high beam option contained in the safety package.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ah, now I get it. So the answer to my initial question is "no", because they chose not to make two different digital mirror versions...

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Here's my 2022 Power Wagon window sticker. Looks like the digital review comes with the safety group.

Attachments

• 20220727_094129.jpg
    20220727_094129.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 20

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Here's my 2022 Power Wagon window sticker. Looks like the digital review comes with the safety group.
Yours did because that was back when forward collision warning was included with the safety package. They’ve changed quite a few things in the safety package since then.

DrTron

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize that they would do any changes at all within a model year.

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Gotcha. I dont use mine anyway. Ive tried it a couple times, but the view is just weird to me. You can see alot more area behind you but it just doesnt seem natural to me. Guess Im too old. I just use the traditional rear view.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize that they would do any changes at all within a model year.

Normally they wouldn't but it's become the new normal given all the part shortage issues they are dealing with the past few years. They have been constantly adjusting options and trim levels to align with parts availability.

DrTron

Reaction score
Given how long my order has been sitting without being scheduled, that is not hard to believe.

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Yeah, that's how I ended up getting my current PW. I had ordered a L3 PW it set in the scheduled phase for a couple months, when my dealer got a ordered L3 my same color, but with all the options. The guy that ordered it backed out on the purchase. Dealer made me a good deal so I bought it. My order finally came in a couple weeks ago (approx. 4 months from order date) It sold in one day.

Attachments

• PW2.jpg
    PW2.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 10

sstoner911

Reaction score
Normally they wouldn't but it's become the new normal given all the part shortage issues they are dealing with the past few years. They have been constantly adjusting options and trim levels to align with parts availability.

I wish FCA would do like GM - GM will install all the options minus the chip then retro fit it later with the chip. However their HD trucks do not come with rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruise - not sure about about Auto high beams.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I wish FCA would do like GM - GM will install all the options minus the chip then retro fit it later with the chip. However their HD trucks do not come with rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruise - not sure about about Auto high beams.

^ That would be the right way to handle it. Put everything in that you can and retro fit the missing parts later. My guess is that task is probably beyond what most dealers can handle these days as It would require personalized instructions etc.

Users who are viewing this thread