Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Song or Album Limit From USB

Anyone know if there is a limit to the number of songs you can have recognized on a USB key? I have a 256GB stick that stores all of my music. The truck recognizes it just fine (NTFS formatted), but it will only display Artists up through "J". I looked through the manuals, even before I...
  2. S

Connecting Powered Accessories To Aux Connectors

I will be installing a PowertraxPRO tonneau cover this weekend, and had a question about hooking up this, or any powered accessory. This cover is meant to connect directly to the positive and negative terminals of the battery. Since we have the Aux switches, I thought it might be cleaner to...
  3. S

Running Board Length

Can anyone with the retractable running boards and a MegaCab chime in on how far back they extend on the 2500? I was looking at picking up a side step for both the driver and passenger sides, but thought maybe the boards extended back far enough to be used for bed access as well.
  4. S

Mud Flap Recommendations

I have a Limited 2500 arriving any day, and I want to get some mud flaps ordered. I never actually had mud flaps on a truck, but my biggest regret is not putting them on my current Sierra 1500. As my 1st truck with running boards, I could not believe how junked up they got with snow, ice, and...
  5. S

Sunroof Opinions

I am looking for some opinions on sunroofs for the 2500. Not whether you like them, but rather if they are more trouble than their worth (Leaks!), do they take up unnecessary space, do they affect resale, etc.? I personally very rarely use the sunroof on my 1500 Sierra. Of the half dozen...
  6. S

Quality of Factory Spray Liner

I am just wondering how everyone's experience has been with the factor spray liner. On my last two trucks, I've had an aftermarket liner sprayed on. My RAM dealer, through which I will be ordering, suggested doing the delete and having it done locally. The thing is, the delete is only worth...
  7. S

2500 Question For a Newbie

I finally got to see in person and test drive a 2019 2500 yesterday. A few observations and a couple questions: Coming from a lifelong 1500 driver, I never paid a whole lot of attention to the heavy duty's. These things are huge! I like it! My dealer did not have one with air suspension on...
  8. S

How Do YOU Utilize Space In Your Mega Cab?

I am still on the fence on what to order, but my biggest draw to the 2500 over a 1500, other than sheer capacities, is the Mega Cab. As I tend to severely over-analyze these big decisions, I am wondering how YOU utilize the space in your Mega Cab, and do you think it is worth the premium in...
  9. S

Am I downgrading My Engine?

I am a week or two from ordering my 1st HD truck. I've had 2 GM trucks over the last 18 years or so: a low-end, low-power Silverado that I beat into the ground for 14 years, and my current Sierra with the 6.2. I have now decided to jump to a Ram, and I'm 99% sure I am ordering the new 2500...
  10. S

Best Gearing For My Usage - 2500 6.4 Hemi

Hello all, I am a lifelong 1500 owner (Chevy/GMC) who had decided to not only jump ship to Ram, but also move to a 2500. I am putting together a Mega Cab build with a 6'-4" bed and a 6.4 Hemi. My usage is as follows: By and large will be used as a daily driver for the family of 4. My...