Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do YOU Utilize Space In Your Mega Cab?

savaytse66

Reaction score
I am still on the fence on what to order, but my biggest draw to the 2500 over a 1500, other than sheer capacities, is the Mega Cab. As I tend to severely over-analyze these big decisions, I am wondering how YOU utilize the space in your Mega Cab, and do you think it is worth the premium in price and length over the Crew Cab? I intend to keep the RamBox package, so I will have space for straps and the other things I usually keep under the seat. I tend to keep some winter gear tossed on my back seat, and it is always in the way when the kids get in the truck, so keeping that stuff out of the way would be an obvious use for me. I'd probably keep a toolbox/case back there too, where it is more secure than in the RamBox.

So are you happy you chose the Mega over the Crew? Do you have a Crew and wish you had a Mega? Just curious to hear thoughts and see how other people use that extra space.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I did not order the Megacab (or the RAMboxes) to keep a decent payload.
My 1500 Crew Cab (no RAMboxes) has plenty of room for my needs, so I think the 2500 Crew Cab will be sufficient for my needs.

RossT

Reaction score
I'm back and forth over the same issue...

I normally put a toolbox in the bed fist thing after purchase, but I've elected to go the RamBox route this time. I'm not overly concerned with the payload issue, as my needs dictate a 2500 and plan to purchase a 3500 HO; the biggest trailer I own is my TT at 10800lbs GVWR and 40 feet long (my current 2500 pulls is just fine). The mega cab would be nice on long trips for my daughter riding in the backseat, we do a couple 2500 mile round trip vacations each year.

Texaswhc

Reaction score
I absolutely love my mega cab and Ram boxes. I primarily use the truck to support my fishing addiction. The space behind the back seat has several tool boxes, air compressor and misc other stuff.
I keep boat and truck cleaning supplies, outboard oil, tow recovery equipment, extra spotlights, tie downs, etc in the Ram boxes. For the way I use the truck I can't imagine not having the mega cab or boxes. And I very often have people coming up at the boatbramp wanting to check it out.

RossT

Reaction score
I'm sure the room will be playing a large supporting roll in my outdoor addictions. I've been eye balling the rambox "holster". Can't imagine leaving my rifle in the box over night, but seems like a great idea for transporting on a hunting trip or the range. They'll be great to store my fly rods in, broke down and in a case.

Reaction score
My dad has a '07 Mega and I have a '11 Crew Cab, the ONLY reason I'd consider the Mega Cab is all the extra storage options in the Mega Cab. We go out in some remote spots snowmobiling and camping so we keep a bunch of tools, tow straps, tie downs, emergency supplies, etc in our trucks (plus the all the regular "truck" stuff). The Crew Cab is big enough to be plenty comfortable sitting in the rear seats IMO, but it sucks for "wet/dirty" storage. I can barely put a hitch and a small tool kit under the seat and it's full. I don't even have the factory sub, which would eat up 2/3 of that. The Mega Cab is unreal for storage under, and behind the seats, at least 4-5x as much room as I have. A toolbox or ram boxes in the crew cab would fix this, but for me, both are not an option as I have a sled deck on my box in the winter and both wouldn't be accessable with it on.
The flat floor in the new crew cabs (1500's) definitely offers more storage under the seats then the current cab, so that should probably fix the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread