Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Hilly1

Regens at alarming rate!

Well guys and gals after 21 years of owning a diesel the US government and its restrictions have forced me and I’m sure others in due time to move on! Thanks for all the info and great conversations. I’ve moved on to a 2024 (Gasser) I hope it will do what I need? time will tell. Maybe I’ll be...
  2. Hilly1

ZD4 Customer Satisfaction Notice - DEF Dosing Update

Was in for oil and filter change, tailgate recall, service advisor said this recall came up for my truck so I had them do it. Bulletin came a day later in the mail from FCA for my truck.
  3. Hilly1

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Mine did the same, (power steering fluid top of the steering box) there’s little pockets on top that hold the fluid, ran it back they did a better job cleaning it up.
  4. Hilly1

Cummins HO Squeaky Belt or Pulley

I was gonna contact my dealer on this issue again hoping there was a fix as I too still have the chirp
  5. Hilly1

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Strange I spoke to my Service Manager today asked him if he had an update for me as to why my truck is doing frequent regens after the Y78 he said STAR said they were unaware of this condition after the update. I told him of this forum and others responses,he said don’t believe everything you...
  6. Hilly1

Regens at alarming rate!

Interesting since my Y78 pump replacement and reprogram I am getting frequent regens as are others. My service manager is consulting with STAR
  7. Hilly1

Did your dealer offer any thoughts on this? Or check with STAR? last Friday my service manager said he would follow up with STAR and get back to me. He had no basis for this but said maybe they built it into the new software/new computer update after the pump install. I have not heard anything...
  8. Hilly1

Do you have an update on this? Mine has gone into regen twice in 250 miles I’ve put on it since the recall.
  9. Hilly1

Just got home from a 10 day trip visiting the grandchildren In New Mexico (by plane) my recall was done the day I left. My daughter picked it up for me and put it in the garage. I will report my findings after I get to spend some time with it. Mine did NOT fail the inspection so it was just the...
  10. Hilly1

So not sure what dealers are doing what, but I had my inspection today and was told by the service manager that they actually pull apart and look for debris or whatever with the pump. . Mine was clean so only the pump was ordered. So this, if its running just order a pump I’m skeptical of What...
  11. Hilly1

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

One would think the trucks that are actually down would have priority on the recall kits. Let’s hope for your sake!
  12. Hilly1

Lets see what you are towing!

This! 2021 Solitude 310GKR
  13. Hilly1

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Not doing any of these things other than the scheduled maintenance and just drive this $82,000 truck! I guess Ill take my chances that there is enough documentation and uncovering of this design flaw or admittance to the issue/problem and that there is a “Service Solution” in the works that...
  14. Hilly1

Cummins HO Squeaky Belt or Pulley

So my truck was in for the Bed Step Recall and I mentioned the sound to the Service Manager he listened and verified the “Birds Chirping‘s” I told him about this thread and that really there is NO factory fix yet. He grabbed some silicone grease of some sort and put a small amount on the inner...
  15. Hilly1

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

I traded my 2012 Ram Cummins in on my $82,000 2020 Ram 3500 HO if I only knew then what Ive come to learn now! Watching this close to see if FCA does right by us historically loyal Ram/Cummins buyers.
  16. Hilly1

Age Poll

56years young Boomer here
  17. Hilly1

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Heres mine, door sticker and off Rams Site 2020 3500 SRW Crew Cab Short Box Laramie HO Cummins. Air Suspension.