Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZD4 Customer Satisfaction Notice - DEF Dosing Update

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I never had problems with mine in our extremely cold Alberta's winters. To be fair I don't drive it much in winter it mostly sits in my unheated workshop, but when I do drive it I just plug in the block heater as I do with every vehicle if parked outside during winter.
Reluctant to take it in for this recall, it will probably screw it up. "Don't fix it if it ain't broken"

unclelala

Reaction score
I never had problems with mine in our extremely cold Alberta's winters. To be fair I don't drive it much in winter it mostly sits in my unheated workshop, but when I do drive it I just plug in the block heater as I do with every vehicle if parked outside during winter.
Reluctant to take it in for this recall, it will probably screw it up. "Don't fix it if it ain't broken"
Same here.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I've had a MIL came up with P026B code, booked an appointment but while waiting for it the light went off. Still took it in as it's stored code and I want it to be documented.
They offered to do the tailgate and ZD4 recalls while I was there. Said yes to tailgate and no to the other one.
As mentioned I've never had an issue with DEF freezing, figured I'd let y'all see 1st if ZD4 fixes anything before letting them hack my truck, lol. ZD4 can be done any time even if out of warranty so I will wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread