Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

2024 Truck Details

When did you place order and what trim/options did you otder? Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  2. T

2024 Truck Details

Ram Commercial rep said late July. Order books are open, but pricing hasn't been released. Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  3. T

abs,traction control,4wheel drive, suspension inop, trailer braking disengaged,cruise control inop all pop up when i hit bumped while driving

Are you towing when this happens? My factory air caused a bunch of issues towing. Dealership had to replace a control board of some type. Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  4. T

Best configuration for towing - First time poster

As already mentioned, a 2500 is going to be too light of a truck (on paper) to pull that weight. You're in at least 3500 territory, and depending on what type of trailer you're talking about, might even be in DRW territory. Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  5. T

Travel Trailer Hitch

Bumper pull or 5th wheel? Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  6. T

Buy a 5th wheel instead or a bumper pull?

I wish it was just me, although I've been pulled over plenty since I was a kiddo, only 1 citation (19yo on way to concert) and I was glad it was just for speeding! It's a recent phenomenon really (at least North Texas). It's as if a few departments have realized it's an untapped revenue...
  7. T

Thoughts on the Curt CrossWing?

With your expected trailer, I would suggest going with a true 5th wheel hitch (such as the B&W Companion). It is heavy, but with good reason. IF you needed the bed space or plan to take the hitch in and out frequently (and budget isn't too much of an issue), I would say to look at the Reese...
  8. T

I would agree with this, although I never really thought of it until you pointed it out. It was almost always CMV or a trooper. Only one I can think of that was local was Lakeside PD just North of Fort Worth going up to Jacksboro from downtown Fort Worth. Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  9. T

We might be talking about a different guy. One I'm talking about was specifically charged for several things referring specifically to improper loading, operating an unsafe vehicle, and got commercial vehicle charges too (as well as the charges for murder and traffic violations). Dude got hit...
  10. T

40' Gooseneck with farm equipment and a mini front loader. He could have loaded the trailer better to distribute his pin weight, but he was over his GCVWR for his truck (higher gear ratio, mega cab, etc.). He did attempt to fight the ticket and lost. The way Texas words the weight limits leaves...
  11. T

Exceeding any manufacturer rated capacity is illegal, but it's a federal standard. Most states have their own policy and enforcement can vary significantly between departments. Generally, most go off GVWR and GCVWR and axle ratings. Ask any seasoned long-haul OTR driver and he'll be able to tell...
  12. T

I wouldn't worry about that number, that is how much you can pull, you need to worry about how much you can carry. Think of it this way, you're pulling a little red flyer wagon, you could probably pull a few kiddos sitting in it easily (that's towing) with not much of a weight feeling on the...
  13. T

You get more room for your length on a 5th wheel. They aren't always bigger (usually taller, though). Your living space starts above the bed of the truck on 5th wheel, rather than several feet behind the bumper on a bumper-pull. That may or may not matter to you. 5th wheels are actually easier...
  14. T

Price negotiated from MSRP

4500/5500 Cab & Chassis dealers? I'm looking for a good dealer willing to work a deal on ordering a 5500 limited. I'm in Texas, currently, but full-time RV, so I'm willing to travel most places or work out shipping to my upfitter (or talk in-house upfitting). Sold the 450 King Ranch since I...
  15. T

MARK DODGE HD Special Pricing

Wish you did 5500. Needing a 5500 limited 60ca. Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
  16. T

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

Remove it or add option to select it. Being able to discretely leave vehicle running and lock it to run a quick errand was a big nice to have on the Ford. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  17. T

Any 2023 Chassis Cab orders in yet?

Have you heard any updates on this? Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  18. T

I can't be the only one

Where did you order from and did they give any deals under MSRP? Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
  19. T

Price negotiated from MSRP

Thank you for letting me know. Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk