Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Dually valve stems

What’s the best kit for getting the valve stems easy to use on a dually? Want a U-shaped one for the inboard wheel and then turn the outboard one over by a lug so that both stems are right next to each other and easy to access. The stock setup is crap.
  2. W

Banks setup

Here’s how I’ve got mine. Want to monitor the turbo temp. Which is the right number? EGT1/1 or EGT1/2? Or someone different?
  3. W

Plug change interval?

Been hearing 30k miles. True? What’s a good plug and is there a good instructional video on how to get all 16? I’ve got a 2500 gasser at 29,900 miles.
  4. W

Code U0422

My 2022 2500 gasser just threw a U0422 code. CEL came on and then went off after the next start. Pulled the code right away. Going to the dealer next Wednesday. Anything I should make sure they look for? I’m not driving the truck between now and then so the code should not clear on its own...
  5. W

Low mileage 6.7

So the 2500 hemi is the daily driver, which leaves the 3500 Cummins at low usage right now. It’s only got 4500 miles on it. What should I do with the change intervals on oil, oil filter and fuel filters? Is the 12 months really that important? I live in NC.
  6. W

Safety inspection only?

I‘m in NC. registration expires on my 2021 3500 6.7 HO end of this month. Needed an inspection to renew. Took it today and the shop gave it a safety inspection only. Didnt even plug a thing into the computer. Is that right? It was only $13 but I’m going to be pissed if I can’t renew my...
  7. W

Diesel runaway

I know it’s rare but what, if anything, does the current CTD have to prevent or stop this condition? I’m thinking something like an oil leak in the turbo causing runaway. You’d need to choke the air intake but being able to pop the hood, get out of the truck and do something before the block...
  8. W

8-speed trans oil pan

So just crawled under my brand new 2500 with the 8-speed trans. Disappointed to see the pan is plastic. There’s got to be an aftermarket replacement that’s made of something known as metal. I’ll be looking to swap out at the first trans service. Anyone else do this or have any recommendations?
  9. W

Synthetic oil, when to switch?

I am coming up on 1k miles of wear-in on my 6.7L HO. Zero towing miles yet and mostly stop-and-go diving. Would it be ok at that point to drain out the factory oil and swap to synthetic? I opted for AMSOil signature series 10W-30 and the Fleetguard Stratapore filter. Just a question of when to...
  10. W

Best cover for a 3500 8’ dually?

Any recommendations for a good quality cover for my new 2021 3500 crew cab 8’ bed dually? It’s driveway parked, cause it won’t fit in the garage. Or, failing that, any recommendations on garage stretchers? :)