Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. B

Remove scratches from cluster plastic shield

It wasn’t very aggressive, but also did not finish down very well. OTOH, the Griots stuff I used has good cut and finished flawlessly. And yes, I used a fresh microfiber cloth.
  2. B

Remove scratches from cluster plastic shield

I did this exact thing about a week ago. I had a lot of micro scratches from wiping the plastic while it was coated with dust. Looked horrible. I removed the cluster from the dash so I had better access to it. I tried the Novus #2, and it worked fine, but I actually had better success with one...
  3. B

Blind Spot Monitor doesn't work with my 5th wheel trailer

The blind spot equipment is in the rear taillights. 5th wheels are wider than bumper pulls and will often block the equipment from working. Thus it is deactivated when you select 5th wheel.
  4. B

2022 3500 Longhorn Megacab - Cargo Camera not working in hot weather

I just found this thread after searching for others with the same issue. My 21 Laramie cargo cam blacks out in hot weather. Any fixes??
  5. B

Mysterious disappearing suspension noise

I had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I was driving around town, nothing special or abnormal. All of a sudden a suspension noise comes on in the front end. Sounds like metal on metal clanking on any dips or bumps. A quick looksee on the side of the road showed nothing suspicious or out of...
  6. B

Rattling sound from Brake Pedal over bumps

For the brake pedal rattle when going over washboards, I followed this guys solution and it helped tremendously.
  7. B

6.7's First Oil Change - I did not see that coming....

I leaned my lesson after my 1st oil change at home, where my driveway looked like the aftermath of the Exxon Valdez. Next time I used a 5 gallon Homer bucket. Had to trim an inch or two from the top rim, but now it fits perfectly under the oil pan. Open the fill cap, remove the drain plug, and...
  8. B

4% Under Invoice on any Retail order HD Ram Truck

Did RAM and GM merge their infotainment systems? LOL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/ATTACH]
  9. B

Oil Change Intervals

It’s no wonder then why dealers try to swindle people into needless oil changes. It starts at the top with their management team. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. B

Be Warned..AlfaOBD and Warranty issues

Sorry to say, but I think the warning here is about TELLING the dealer and manufacturer that you used an unapproved device to alter your truck. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. B

Initial impressions on your new HD RAM - likes and dislikes, new to RAM Trucks

100% agree on the fan speed. For me, the temp of the air coming out of the vents is plenty cool, but the fan doesn’t move enough volume of air. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. B

2022 3500 Ordered 6.7 SO 68RFE Should I cancel order and change it to a HO ? MPG SO VS HO 6.7 diesel ?

At that weight, you are WELL within range of where a SO will excel. Yes the HO may accelerate a bit faster, but then again it might not because of de-fueling on the HO. The SO will not leave you wanting for anymore at that weight. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. B

First oil change and engine developed a loud clatter/ticking noise at 1500+ rpms

Yikes that does not sound good and I would be concerned if I heard that noise coming from my truck. It closely reminds me of a 2005 Ford F-150 5.4L that I had. It developed a knocking noise just like that and at the same RPM range. At first they thought it was the cam phasers, but turned out to...
  14. B

Glitter appearance in front fuel filter housing

2021 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

Glitter appearance in front fuel filter housing

Today I did my first fuel filter service at 15,000 miles (2500 6.7). I noticed that the inside bottom for the front filter housing looked to have sparkly glitter in the bottom of the housing, once the filter cartridge was removed. Almost like there was a shallow bed of brown sand sitting at the...
  16. B

Will the mileage get better or is this what I should expect?

I have a 2021 Laramie 2500 CC 6.7. Empty and on the highway at 75, I get right at 20 MPG. Empty around town is low teens. Towing my 7600 lbs travel trailer at 65-68 yields me about 11.5 MPG. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. B

TTPMS - installed after factory

I’m not sure if you will be able to convince a dealer to do it, but you can add it yourself pretty easily. There’s a big thread here somewhere that outlines the parts needed and the steps to install the parts. I did it on my 2021 and it works great. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. B

Fuel filters 2021 Ram

Check Napa. Their website says that Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W40 is available at most locations within a day or so. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. B

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

That’s an intriguing idea. Where did you anchor the bungee too? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. B

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

My brake pedal clunks and rattles over rough roads. I’ve read of others having the same noise, with no solution. That’s my biggest gripe, so not too bad in the grand scheme of owning the truck. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk