Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious disappearing suspension noise

bamorris2

Reaction score
I had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I was driving around town, nothing special or abnormal. All of a sudden a suspension noise comes on in the front end. Sounds like metal on metal clanking on any dips or bumps. A quick looksee on the side of the road showed nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary. But it was quite loud and 100% repeatable.

The dealer was right around the corner so I dropped it off for them to look at. They drive it and heard the noise. Got it up on the lift and did a once over. Did not see anything that looked suspicious. Put it back on the ground and took for another test drive. The noise completely disappeared. Silent as a mouse. Even I could not get it to make the noise again after I picked it up. Very strange. The dealers notes accurately say the noise disappeared after unloading and reloading and the suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread