Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Should I have the dealer do some maintenance before the warranty expires?

I have a '21 2500 6.4L. The original warranty will expire in July, but I did buy the 8 year Mopar warranty as mentioned in this forum since it was pretty cheap for low mileage. Anyways, I tend to like to do things myself and stay away from dealerships because the few times I have had to bring...
  2. D

Broken cargo/third brake light with truck cap

I have had a cap on my '21 Ram 2500 for a couple of years and today when washing it, I noticed a chunk was missing from the light on the cab (the third brake/cargo/cam light). The way the cap was installed, it looks like there is only about 1/2"-3/4" clearance between the front of the cap and...
  3. D

Do my wheels need to be rebalanced at each rotation?

I was just going to rotate my tires myself for the first time because I don't want to deal with bringing it in, and worrying about someone messing it up or scratching my wheels, but was wondering about the balancing. I never thought about that but I guess they check that when a shop does...
  4. D

Oil drain plug torque specs

Does anyone know the torque specs for the oil drain plug on the Hemi?
  5. D

Which floor jack and stands do you guys like (for tire rotations, etc.)?

I never really needed a big jack in the past but do use my small 1 1/2 ton floor jack on occasion for other cars so maybe I will get a new bigger one for this truck in case I want to rotate the tires or something. I always just bring my other cars into Discount since that is where I buy the...
  6. D

Amazon Hemi oil change package?

Is this the kit you guys get?
  7. D

How useful do you find the cameras on the side mirrors?

I have all the cameras (front, cargo, side, 360 view) but really just got them because it was cheaper to add the tech package than the individual options I wanted so I ended up with all the cameras. First of all, I will say the front camera is very useful when pulling up close to something and...
  8. D

Should I let the dealer change the oil (on a Hemi)?

I typically do oil changes on my vehicles because it is simple to do and will take less time than having to bring it in and wait. I also know that I will do it right and not make a mess. I have had my truck for almost a year and I don't even have 4,000 miles on it so it will need its first oil...
  9. D

How do you pull someone out of the snow?

I have never had to do this, but I have seen other trucks try to pull someone out of a snow bank deep snow before and imagine I may be in that position to help someone someday. Rather than encounter someone that has their own strap they may want me to use, I would rather make sure I have my own...
  10. D

How do you keep the canopy door from rubbing the paint off of the top of the tailgate?

Since these Rams have that thick top to the tailgate, I imagine most canopies have the curved plastic at the bottom of the rear window that seals up against the tailgate. Mine has a pretty nice seal everywhere but even after just a few days, I notice it is starting to scuff the paint at the top...
  11. D

How much space is there between your canopy and third brake light on the truck?

I just got my Leer canopy installed the other day and just noticed that the front of the cap is touching the brake light on the truck so I will need to get them to move it back a bit. For those that have canopies, how much space do you have between it and the brake light? I do have the cargo...
  12. D

Anyone use a good step or stool to get into the bed?

This is probably a dumb question, but I am very short at 5'6" (when the tailgate is down, it hits me a little above the waist) so it is not the most convenient thing to put stuff in the back. I can basically just reach enough to put something at the very back of the bed but for anything more...
  13. D

Ideal tire pressure for the 285/60/20 tires

I know this is info is all over the place, buried in different posts, so forgive me for starting a new post. I just wanted to have it in one place so someone can search and find it easily in the future. That said, what have you find the best tire pressure for these tires (yes, I am...
  14. D

What do you guys use the 110v outlet for?

Just curious what most people use this for. Running/charging laptops, phones, video games, etc.? Maybe charging took batteries? Since there isn't a 12v outlet in the truck bed but there is one of these outlets, would it be good for get an actual AC pump for inflating inflatable beds, tubes...
  15. D

What is the best Sirius XM offer lately? Is it still difficult to cancel?

I let the 6 month free trial lapse and then keep getting all of the emails and offers in the mail. First, it was 3 free months. Now it is 12 months for $6 per month. I don't really care that much about it, especially not, but in the spring and summer I will be using the truck more for trips...
  16. D

What is your favorite truck cap with sliding windows?

I think I have narrowed this down some and decided I want a cap with sliding windows as opposed to the push out ones because they are probably better for dogs. So far I have looked at a Leer 100R and Sungtop Rebel. I am still yet to see ARE in person though. Just thought I'd make a new thread...
  17. D

Can someone please explain hill descent and traction control?

I was reading about these in the manual and I guess I would just like a better explanation of these two things (and any other similar features) work in real life. I doubt I will ever go off roading so I would be more interested in how these may apply to snowy or slippery conditions. Also, if I...
  18. D

Ramp for getting your dogs in the back?

This is a slightly different question than what the "how do you transport your dogs" thread may cover so I thought I would make a new thread. When I was a kid, I remember our dog just jumping up into the back of my dad's truck but these trucks are so high, that is a big jump for even a large...
  19. D

Will the EVIC tell you if fluids are low?

I assume it will notify you if something like the engine oil or coolant are low just like most cars I have had do, but what other fluids are monitored? Will it tell you if things like the differential or transfer case fluids are low?
  20. D

Do most of you guys do your own maintenance?

Honestly, it doesn't seem like there is that much to do besides oil changes every 5k or so, or whenever the EVIC tells you to. I have always done that myself to most of my cars but then sometimes would let the dealer do it when they had cheap oil changes. I still prefer to do it myself because...