Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How useful do you find the cameras on the side mirrors?

dm6

Reaction score
I have all the cameras (front, cargo, side, 360 view) but really just got them because it was cheaper to add the tech package than the individual options I wanted so I ended up with all the cameras. First of all, I will say the front camera is very useful when pulling up close to something and I also like the 360 view when I am in a tight spot, or making sure I am all the into a parking space, etc. Now, I realize the side cameras are used for the 360 view, but just curious if anyone finds them useful on their own or actually uses them. I guess when I am backing, I just use the mirrors and the backup camera that automatically comes on, so never really used these much. Or are they more useful when backing a trailer? What do you guys think?

dm6

Reaction score
I like em. It would be nice if the camera popped up on the screen when the bumper sensors start alerting.
When do you use them? Just for general backing up, or with trailers?

BaseBD

Reaction score
I like them for the 360 aspect. When it comes to using them in general I like to use the mirrors instead.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I thought the side cameras were only to display the 360 degree view. Didn't know you can view them alone. How do you do that?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
My wife Palisade uses them by the video popping up on instrument cluster when blinker is activated. Really nice!! Yeah, I too wish the front camera came up when front sensor is triggered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waveslayer

Reaction score
My wife Palisade uses them by the video popping up on instrument cluster when blinker is activated. Really nice!! Yeah, I too wish the front camera came up when front sensor is triggered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish it did too. Maybe I'd wire it to an auction button to hit it on and off quickly

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread