Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by wowens79

1. W

Residual Value

Best best is to buy a 2-4 year old one and let the original owner take that 40-50% hit. If it’s got 30-40k miles on it you the truck still has 75% of really good life in it, but you only have to pay for 50% of it. Even at 150k the truck still will have $5-10k of value it it.
  2. W

Finding out sales codes?

I hate incompetence. It’s ok to not know something, but to not give a crap to figure something out is unacceptable. If that Is where you bought the truck I’d be raising cane.
  3. W

Clearance/Marker Lights

I just couldn’t bring myself to drill holes in my roof for a light to look cool. Seems like lots of places to leak. I’m hoping when I pull the trigger that the truck I find won’t have them. I guess I’m an old fart, I won’t 18” wheels because I don’t want to pay extra for the wheels or tires.
  4. W

Thinking about pulling the trigger... would you do it?

You’ll come out better selling the old truck than trading it. Dealer has to get it cheap enough to be able to sell it for a profit. Why not make that profit yourself?
  5. W

Trucks from Hertz

Thanks!! Im in Georgia, and there are about 50 I've found in the south east, but the are asking 42-44 with the level 1 or 2 package. I'm tempted, but thinking I may try to get another year or so out of my current truck.
  6. W

Trucks from Hertz

Do you mind telling me where you found yours at that price??
  7. W

TFL got an 8 speed 6.4, will be running Ike

Great real life info in this thread! Thanks!!
  8. W

@myersd1 was the trailer a camper? I’m looking at one, and that’s about the weight of my camper. are You happy with the way it shifts pulling the trailer?
  9. W

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Thanks @RamCares ! That has sold yall a truck In the near future. I’ve been debating between Ram and Chevy gassers, and the AC was the holdup. I was trying to decide if the 8spd, or better AC was more important in Georgia.
  10. W

If they had had the 4.10's, I think they would have added another 2000lbs to it to put it at max tow, so it probably would have equaled out. the Chevy also had a 3.73 rear end, and was towing 2000lbs more. Looking at the transmission gear ratios, the Ram is geared lower in first, and most...
  11. W

Trucks from Hertz

They were not at Hertz, they were at a Ram dealer. He had about 6 with 8-15k miles on them, and I noticed 5-6 other dealers with them also. So I wondered where they came from, and used to pull the build sheet, and they were listed As Hertz fleet trucks on the build sheet. pall were 2500...
  12. W

Trucks from Hertz

The ones I’ve found are actually at a Ram dealer, and are Certified PreOwned, so they have 7 yeat 100k mile warranty, and they have 8-10k miles on them. There are about a dozen of them at dealers around ATL. They are Gas Bighorns, with level 1 or 2 option package, which is what I’ve been...
  13. W

Trucks from Hertz

I’ve been looking for 2500 Bighorns with the 6.4, and found a bunch of certified pre owned 2019’s. But they all seem to have come from Hertz rental fleet. Would being a rental scare you off? Would you want it cheaper than one that was privately owned?
  14. W

Fix for A/C issue??

Great info!!! Thanks for doing this and posting the results. The next question is if anyone has gotten temps as low as your closed valve temps without adding a valve. If so then the question is why.
  15. W

Yearly Registration Fee's

In GA you pay 7% when you buy it, and then it is only $20 a year. It’s painful upfront, but if you keep it a Long time it is better.