Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about pulling the trigger... would you do it?

immersivenc

Reaction score
Some may recognize me from the 1500 page. I had one a couple years ago I had to lemon out. I've had 2 years in a Silverado and am looking at possibly going back to RAM and getting a 2500 Laramie.

MSRP is $73,340
Dealer is at $65,103 + TTL.

Good price? Based on the MSRP thread it looks pretty good. If the numbers on my Chevy trade work out, I'll only be paying about $300 in sales tax, so will save a lot of $ there over a straight sale deal.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Some may recognize me from the 1500 page. I had one a couple years ago I had to lemon out. I've had 2 years in a Silverado and am looking at possibly going back to RAM and getting a 2500 Laramie.

MSRP is $73,340
Dealer is at $65,103 + TTL.

Good price? Based on the MSRP thread it looks pretty good. If the numbers on my Chevy trade work out, I'll only be paying about $300 in sales tax, so will save a lot of $ there over a straight sale deal.
Is it a19 or 20, diesel or hemi? Either way i loved my 16 2500 diesel, she was a beast. Either way i personally would not do that deal. While that seems like a good deal imop it's just ok. At 8200 off msrp that's only 11.25%. I great deal is anywhere between 15-20% off msrp. I wouldn't settle for less than 17% off, but thats just me. Especially if it's a 19 model than i wouldn't go for less than 19%. No matter what you do, you will be better off in the ram over the heavy Chevy , hands down no comparison, ram Laramie is an awesome rig

immersivenc

Reaction score
Is it a19 or 20, diesel or hemi? Either way i loved my 16 2500 diesel, she was a beast. Either way i personally would not do that deal. While that seems like a good deal imop it's just ok. At 8200 off msrp that's only 11.25%. I great deal is anywhere between 15-20% off msrp. I wouldn't settle for less than 17% off, but thats just me. Especially if it's a 19 model than i wouldn't go for less than 19%. No matter what you do, you will be better off in the ram over the heavy Chevy , hands down no comparison, ram Laramie is an awesome rig
It's a 2020 Cummins. I've seen on here many shooting for 12% off MSRP so it seems like this is pretty close, no?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have 4-6 months to bicker and wear out a dealer until they cave just to make you go away, you might get 19%.

Remember that there are outliers in all cases. The MSRP thread is closer to reality and the later posts will reflect today's reality, not 6 months ago reality.

A lot depends on inventory levels. I don't think you're going to see deep discounts on 20's for a few months.

If the truck has everything you want, 12% is about the best you'd do on an order that you'll wait 12-15 weeks to get, so I think that's a decent deal.

Are you able to get any additional incentives? USAA, PenFed, Sam's?

P.S. Not to derail, but know that a 2500 diesel doesn't have much for payload if you're going to be pulling a 5th wheel ever.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
It's a 2020 Cummins. I've seen on here many shooting for 12% off MSRP so it seems like this is pretty close, no?
Nice rig, you'll be happy no mater what you decide on price. 11% isn't bad by any means, I'm just saying I would be pushing for alot more closer to 17% but thats just my personnel view, you just have to go with your gut feeling and don't feel pressured by the sm. I feel like any dealership out there could match that deal. I would hope others can chime in to help you out on opinions

JasonB

Reaction score
Rich tends to be a little more aggressive in his deals than most. More power to him for pulling it off too! I would say your deal is very good and if you’re happy with it, go for it!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I agree with all. I'm good being that lonely old guy who has nothing to do but spend 5 months annoying a sm to save thousands. I'm good with that, was in no hurry and saved thousands. I'm definitely not doing a deal to make friends, just trying to keep cash in my retirement fund for therapy o_O

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Pen fed will save 1000 but takes time to activate, it's not instant, so you would have to do the deal in 60 days from now
Sams is 500 if your a member, no wait time.
It won't let you do both

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, those Incentives require membership 30-60 days to be eligible.

I didn't have more than a login account with USAA and was able to get it when needed.

wowens79

Reaction score
You’ll come out better selling the old truck than trading it. Dealer has to get it cheap enough to be able to sell it for a profit. Why not make that profit yourself?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
you can always get the best deal if time is on your side. Selling your trade outright is the best option. That being said ( as others have stated) because I'm old and have time I was able to wear them down on trade also and get maximum amount of retail value. Time can be your best friend, if you have it to spare, not everybody does. Do what's best for you, either way, welcome and hope you enjoy the new ride , Whenever you get it. You won't have any regrets going from the Chevy to the best on the market.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I love it , she is seriously BA. All blacked out, 12" with aux switches and those ram boxes, i absolutely loved mine, they will hold a ton of stuff. I haven't listed it yet but let me know if your interested in the tg/bed extender/ divider w/4 mounting bolts. Some come with and some don't. no pressure. I love the rig, if I wasnt a neutered husband, I would of got my drw just like it

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Great looking truck! I would have bought at the price you posted too. Out here in SoCal I can't get any dealers to budge. Once the stock comes in I am hoping for a different story.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Great looking truck! I would have bought at the price you posted too. Out here in SoCal I can't get any dealers to budge. Once the stock comes in I am hoping for a different story.
They want full MSRP?!

Users who are viewing this thread