Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by sludge

1. S

5500 grease points?

Thanks for the reply!
  2. S

5500 grease points?

2022 5500 4wd. I have found 3 grease zerks on the steering linkage. I have yet to find any on the front or rear drive shafts. Anyone out there know if this is all there is? Thanks.
  3. S

Which battery tender to use

I picked up a gbx155 a year ago on a lightning deal for $240. I have used it twice on the diesel. Worth the money to me wether you are at home or traveling in the middle of nowhere.
  4. S

The 70 worked great for my hemi. Saved my butt a couple times.
  5. S

I have a Noco Genius10. Yes it's 10 amps, but that's what I like about it. It not only works as a battery maintainer and trickle charger, but it will also charge both those diesel batteries in a reasonable time frame if they accidentally get low. I have a number of Noco products that have...
  6. S

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

I have a 2022 5500 with almost 20,000 miles on it. I also have never seen the gauge come off of zero.
  7. S

What are you paying for diesel these days?

A lot of California is beautiful, but I have come to hate this state's government. And before anyone says it, I know I can move, but that is usually easier said than done. I have 1 year to being eligible for retirement. At that time I'll be fixing up the house in order to sell and join the...
  8. S

6.4L towing MPG?

I had a 2014 with the 6.4 and the old six speed. Pulling a toy hauler at 9500 lbs and going 63 mph I would average 6.5 to 8 mpg depending on the terrain. I would have been thrilled with 10 mpg. The only time could get 10 mpg was if it was completely flat. I would see this traveling...
  9. S

Aisin snap ring failure.

Just curious, what are your truck and transmission build dates?
  10. S

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Mine is 1L-2705. Hopefully December of 21 was a good month!
  11. S

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Fantastic! Glad they got it updated and it worked out for you. Their hitch works fantastic with my camper and boat. As an added bonus, I'm able to mount my spare on the extension bar using a mounting plate from Stablecamper. Another great company to work with.
  12. S

Out of curiosity, did all of the frame mount bolt holes on the Torklift side plates and spacers line up with your truck's frame holes? Just wondering if they had fixed this yet. When I installed mine a year ago, one of the holes on the frame didn't match up with the Torklift hole. I think it...
  13. S

When you say the Duraflaps are the standard ones, is that the 12" wide and 10" long ones? I need some for my 5500. Too much mud gets flung on the truck without any flaps. Did you order them straight from Duraflap? Price? How do you like them? Thanks.
  14. S

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Just adding my opinion. I really think Ram is dropping the ball on how they are handling this issue. It's been over a year since this first started popping up and is obviously a big problem based on the number of trucks having this occur at such low mileage. IMO it's pitiful that they...
  15. S

New 5500 owner, TPMS advise

As @Brutal_HO stated in the second post, all 22 5500 SLT, Laramie, and Limited versions are supposed to have TPIS (code XBT) as a standard feature as shown in the buyers guide in his link. On the Tradesman version it is not a standard feature but is available as an option. Seeing you have a...