Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which battery tender to use

sludge

Reaction score
I went with the 5A as it had the recover/repair mode though it hasn't repaired a couple of dead batteries I had laying around. Can't fault it for that.

I figured if the 5A can't keep my Ram topped off this winter, I'll step up to the 10A and redeploy it to my RV or use it to keep maintain my boat batteries over winter as I'm moving the current charger between them whenever I think about it.

I'm also hoping that the upcoming prime day brings a lower price to the GXB155 as I'd like to upgrade from the GB70 I have now that's not great for the truck but perfect for my other stuff.
I picked up a gbx155 a year ago on a lightning deal for $240. I have used it twice on the diesel. Worth the money to me wether you are at home or traveling in the middle of nowhere.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I hope today's project is fixing that faucet. LOL

(I'm no better, have to put a new cartridge in ours...)
There is no fixing the root cause, lol. The amount of stuff she puts under the sink that catches the hose. :oops:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up a gbx155 a year ago on a lightning deal for $240. I have used it twice on the diesel. Worth the money to me wether you are at home or traveling in the middle of nowhere.

I missed that $240 deal last Thanksgiving. I have a camelcamelcamel price alert set and am hoping it drops prime day.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I am in for one if the price drops…we should do a PSA if anyone sees it drop. I currently have the Jump and Carry 660, it had been a work horse for me but it is big and heavy and is only 1700 amps

unclelala

Reaction score
I missed that $240 deal last Thanksgiving. I have a camelcamelcamel price alert set and am hoping it drops prime day.
Ive got the camel camel camel app and for a couple of years now doesn't seem to be working properly for some reason.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I looked at 0200 CST and it wasn't. They snuck one in. Now I'm on the fence if I should wait till BF and a better price.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the NOCO genius chargers since they will stop charging when the battery hits 100% SOC, and start charging again when needed.

My .75A will maintain the truck, but I use the 5A since it will top them off much faster if it’s been a parked a few days. The 5A also has recovery mode for batteries that need it.

Users who are viewing this thread