Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by scdo

1. S

Automatic Regen too often

To clarify further… prior to the new DPF, it didn’t matter how I drove. If unloaded it would regen every 30-100 miles (even when mostly highway).
  2. S

In one case, it was probably 100% stop and go and it regened after 130 miles. Another case was prob 75% stop/go and it happened after 175.
  3. S

So I’ve had my new DPF for maybe 1,000 miles. With a lot of city driving it still regens every 100-200 miles. However, I just went on a 300 mile road trip and it didn’t move off of 0% the entire time. Hoping it is fixed and I’ll have to try to minimize my city driving … not 100% possible as it...
  4. S

Regens at alarming rate!

Is that enough to cause dilution or is consensus that that’s totally normal / non problematic given those driving conditions?
  5. S

Regens at alarming rate!

UPDATE I picked my truck up yesterday after the DPF was replaced. They told me they tested it and it was no longe having an issue. From my reader, it appears it was 5 hours since last regen at pickup (not sure of miles). It was at 10% on the dash but dropped to 0% in the first few miles of...
  6. S

Regens at alarming rate!

UPDATE on my truck. In my last update, I explained the dealer was going to try a DPF replacement (per direction from a field tech who visited my dealer). I just got the call it was ready and headed down there eager for a test drive. I requested the dealer to verify oil while they had it (being...
  7. S

Too much oil and poor dealer help

(I will cross post this in the Frequent Regens post as well) After way too many visits (for Frequent Regens), I just went to pick my truck back up with a replaced DPF. I requested the dealer to verify oil while they had it (being worried about fuel dilution)... they confirmed it was at normal...
  8. S

2023 dash light stuck on

Interesting. Replacement appears to have fixed the issue for me. I’ll report back if it happens again but it’s now been thousands of miles without the problem. Maybe your replacement was another defective unit.
  9. S

2023 dash light stuck on

Love the truck but the quality has been terrible. Here’s my full issues log! Pending Frequent regens / DPF gage increases from 0% up to 40% sometimes over a course of < 30 miles. Front seats (primarily passenger) have stretched leather, bad fit Rattle from phone charger / console area...
  10. S

2023 dash light stuck on

Mine was maybe every 15 starts or something.
  11. S

Regens at alarming rate!

You might be right but I hope not! Maybe there was a bad batch of DPFs.
  12. S

2023 dash light stuck on

UPDATE Since replacing the cluster, I've put probably 3-4,000 miles on the truck. I can fairly confidently say at this point that the new cluster fixed the problem.
  13. S

Regens at alarming rate!

Update on my truck.. I've been having regens every ~30-100 miles. When towing, it can go the full 24 hours without issue. As soon as I unhook, it's back to frequent regens. RAM has now sent a field tech to evaluate the truck while at the dealer (yesterday). Field tech has advised to replace...
  14. S

Regens at alarming rate!

Any update on your truck? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. S

Regens at alarming rate!

Any update on your truck? Has the new DPF been acting normal? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk