Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 dash light stuck on

microluck

Reaction score
Any updates on this, I just had this happen on a 2023 Longhorn Limited 3500 this morning. The brightness was very distracting, and could not be turned down with the ambient lighting controls.

scdo

Reaction score
Dealer can’t reproduce so they’ve done nothing. I have to bring my truck back for another issue and then plan is they’ll open a STAR case using a video of the problem as evidence.

I urge others to do the same… this is clearly hardware or software design issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scdo

Reaction score
Getting the runaround with Ram.

I went ahead and submitted this to the NHTSA -- I find it distracting enough that it could cause an accident. I'll follow-up with a link soon as it should be visible on the NHTSA website within the next few days.

scdo

Reaction score
Update:

I don’t think the NHTSA thing is going anywhere but I did submit it.

I shared photos and videos of the problem to my dealer. They opened a STAR case and Stallantis recommended replacing the dash. I don’t yet have clarity if this is a known hardware problem or if they’re just trying to rule it out.

Truck is now at the dealer waiting on the dash for replacement.

Anyone else have luck getting this fixed?

Has anyone else with the digital dash never seen this problem at all?

scdo

Reaction score
Update:

Dealer opened a STAR case… advised to replace the dash. This took about 1.5 weeks as the truck had to sit with no miles added while the new dash (with odometer pre-programmed) came from the factory.

So far, so good… time will tell.

Capt18

Reaction score
Update:

I don’t think the NHTSA thing is going anywhere but I did submit it.

I shared photos and videos of the problem to my dealer. They opened a STAR case and Stallantis recommended replacing the dash. I don’t yet have clarity if this is a known hardware problem or if they’re just trying to rule it out.

Truck is now at the dealer waiting on the dash for replacement.

Anyone else have luck getting this fixed?

Has anyone else with the digital dash never seen this problem at all?
Have had this happen twice also on left side went off with restart both times 23 limited

phatboy64

Reaction score
I had it happen once at night, it is very bright and distracting

Joadams1990

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Limited 2500 with the digital cluster. Occasionally after starting or stopping the truck, the dash light on the left side only gets stuck on full brightness.

Has anyone seen or heard of this issue before? It is blinding at night and unsafe to drive until I can get it to turn off. I have to stop the engine and wait a few minutes - very annoying!

See pic.
I have been having these issues as well. I was finally able to take a picture of it. Has anyone found a solution? All I see is replace the dash correct?

scdo

Reaction score
No other true solution has been reported here. It hasn’t been long enough since my dash replacement to say with confidence that it eliminates the problem… so far, it hasn’t happened since replacement.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Had this happen again this past weekend for the first time in months. No rhyme or reason why it happens. Went to the store and when we came back out and restarted the truck, it was back off. I wonder what the heck it is? What purpose could there be for that backlight there?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Had this happen again this past weekend for the first time in months. No rhyme or reason why it happens. Went to the store and when we came back out and restarted the truck, it was back off. I wonder what the heck it is? What purpose could there be for that backlight there?
It’s just an ambient light to look cool. On my ‘23 they come on low when the headlights are on.

CMFK

Reaction score
Same issue here on a 2023 3500 mega HO Laramie (to get the 6th seat and Safe). Dash light started to stay on with steer wheel lights and a few others but no 12in uconnect screen lights. I then lost steering wheel light and controls son was stuck on TPSM screen. Took it in they said it was the battery and replaced it. No issues for a few weeks then truck dash was stuck on again but I’m ready to start mode. Tried everything and when I locked my self in with the help of the app and no keys anywhere around I could here something cycle power with a pop like sound in the speakers that was very slight. Truck would not start so I tried it with help using keys to lock me in. Same results. Took it in to Towbin Dodge in LV NV and the issue is still there and they can’t find the issue so they opened a STAR request for help. Attached are first and second time photos. 1005 was after battery replacement (single) 0703 was before. Same issue but in 0703 you can seen there is no right side steering wheel lights or back of the wheel controls and non light buttons do not work.1005 everything works just the cycle sound and dash light is always on. 48 hours with keys put away and it stayed lite.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpeg
    IMG_1005.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 26

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Same issue here on a 2023 3500 mega HO Laramie (to get the 6th seat and Safe). Dash light started to stay on with steer wheel lights and a few others but no 12in uconnect screen lights. I then lost steering wheel light and controls son was stuck on TPSM screen. Took it in they said it was the battery and replaced it. No issues for a few weeks then truck dash was stuck on again but I’m ready to start mode. Tried everything and when I locked my self in with the help of the app and no keys anywhere around I could here something cycle power with a pop like sound in the speakers that was very slight. Truck would not start so I tried it with help using keys to lock me in. Same results. Took it in to Towbin Dodge in LV NV and the issue is still there and they can’t find the issue so they opened a STAR request for help. Attached are first and second time photos. 1005 was after battery replacement (single) 0703 was before. Same issue but in 0703 you can seen there is no right side steering wheel lights or back of the wheel controls and non light buttons do not work.1005 everything works just the cycle sound and dash light is always on. 48 hours with keys put away and it stayed lite.
This is a completely different issue that what is being discussed in this thread. Your issue is, there is something on the truck that keeps waking all the computers up, which will drain the batteries.

CMFK

Reaction score
I disagree with your first sentence if you read the topic and all the posts. I do not disagree with your statement about waking up the computers. But thank you.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I disagree with your first sentence if you read the topic and all the posts. I do not disagree with your statement about waking up the computers. But thank you.
You don’t even have the digital instrument cluster that has the backlights that stay on that is the subject of this thread.

scdo

Reaction score
UPDATE

Since replacing the cluster, I've put probably 3-4,000 miles on the truck. I can fairly confidently say at this point that the new cluster fixed the problem.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Interesting. Now I just need to decide if I want to trust my local dealer to tear apart my dash without screwing something up.

How often was it happening for you? I've owned the truck for about 9 months and put about 7200mi on it and the weird side light only happened maybe 3-4 times now.

scdo

Reaction score
Interesting. Now I just need to decide if I want to trust my local dealer to tear apart my dash without screwing something up.

How often was it happening for you? I've owned the truck for about 9 months and put about 7200mi on it and the weird side light only happened maybe 3-4 times now.
Mine was maybe every 15 starts or something.

Units

Reaction score
Not pertaining to this thread but I just realized you are having problems with your cluster and your DPF. That sucks, good thing one thing is rectified.

scdo

Reaction score
Not pertaining to this thread but I just realized you are having problems with your cluster and your DPF. That sucks, good thing one thing is rectified.
Love the truck but the quality has been terrible. Here’s my full issues log!

Pending

• Frequent regens / DPF gage increases from 0% up to 40% sometimes over a course of < 30 miles.
  • Front seats (primarily passenger) have stretched leather, bad fit
  • Rattle from phone charger / console area

Dropping for now:

• No alert showing when regen is happening as stated in manual
  • Persistent “refill def soon” warning (not increasing in frequency as stated in manual)

Fixed:

• Tailgate cables uneven
  • Long crank time when cold
  • Steering wheel click
  • Bubble in driver side rear bumper protectant film
  • Headliner droop (took two attempts to fix correctly)
  • Left blinker automatically turns on after completing a right turn (when right blinker auto turns off). - this problem was introduced after fixing the clicking sound
  • Dig rearview camera stops working (took 3+ visits, failed fix with new camera… new mirror was ultimate fix)
  • Intermittently, the left light in dash stays on very bright but right off. (Took several visits - ultimately fixed by replacing cluster)
  • Bump on steering wheel (took two attempts)

Users who are viewing this thread