Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RJenkins1581

1. RJenkins1581

Front Axle U-Joint Fail

Good Evening all! I have just over 80k on the clock and the RF U-joint is toast. Im having a hell of time finding greaseable replacements for my 2020. All the ones I find say that they wont fit a 2020. Has anyone replaced theirs yet with anything other than the over priced non-greasable OE ones...
  2. RJenkins1581

Block Heater cord routing?

Thank you all so much. These help a ton. Thank you again.
  3. RJenkins1581

Block Heater cord routing?

So i purchased a Factory block heater cord. I was hoping maybe someone could post a couple pics of the factory routing. The factory cord has a ton of clips and id like to keep it as factory as possible. I know i could just run it any way that I want , however I'm a little anal. Ive also searched...
  4. RJenkins1581

Un-clunk your 68RFE

I noticed the trans will load up at times. So when I park in my drive way. (Slight hill) i place it in Neutral and then apply the Park brake, allow the weight of the truck to set and then place it in Park. That cuts out 90% of the clunking and loading up. As for it not hurting anything, it...
  5. RJenkins1581

Show me your front bumper

Has a 12k Badlands winch inside. The factory LED fog lights and sensors fit directly.
  6. RJenkins1581

Cummins EGT locations question

This is not an accurate statement Freightliner, Volvo, Mack and KW still have EGT sensors. They never stopped installing them. Folks just stopped ordering them, mainly due to the fact that the "new generation" of drivers dont know or frankly care to know the info. They are simply bodies in a seat.
  7. RJenkins1581

Exhaust brake.

The older trucks that didn't have a "exhaust brake" suffered from two issues. The first and largest issues was that the exhaust valves were never set up for the back pressure. So they weren't strong enough causing the valve to float/lift and kiss the piston. The second was the heads lifting...
  8. RJenkins1581

68RFE flare during shifting

What tuning are you using? I also have that same issue. Have since day one. Even after the software update it still does it. I just keep an eye on the trans temp and back out of it until it locks up then get back on it.
  9. RJenkins1581

annoying jerking issue **update**

So I had my DOC "face plug and crack" at 36,750 miles. When i got the truck back after a week of them messing with it I also had the same problem. It would happen in 6th gear, lock up and between 13 and 15psi of boost. Cruising speed! So after looking at it i started looking over the truck and...
  10. RJenkins1581

Induction Cleaning?

We do this on our buses at 100k. It cleans the EGR, DOC and DPF. It help make the EGR cooler last a lot longer (ie not clogging) It also helps the DPF and DOC last a lot longer( not needing to be removed and baked) However all this is in a 40ft bus thats always stopping and going. As for your...
  11. RJenkins1581

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

Good Evening all! I have a 2020 with 37k on the clock. Live in CO and woke up yesterday to 1* F temp. Started the truck as normal and in about 5 min it shut down. Ran out of fuel. Started it and it would run then die, did that 4 or 5 times. Thinking I gelled up i went and checked both filters...