Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Axle U-Joint Fail

RJenkins1581

Reaction score
Good Evening all! I have just over 80k on the clock and the RF U-joint is toast. Im having a hell of time finding greaseable replacements for my 2020. All the ones I find say that they wont fit a 2020. Has anyone replaced theirs yet with anything other than the over priced non-greasable OE ones? If so can you point me in the correct direction with a part number please?

Thank You

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Greasable are generally weaker because they have a hole drilled in them, and don’t have as good of a seal since they have to push grease out.

There are some good greasable joints out there, I have 216K on all OE joint’s in the wife’s 4Runner, but I think you’ll find that in these HD applications the non-greasable are superior.

I personally would buy non-greasable from Ram
at a ridiculous price before installing aftermarket greasable U-joints.

On top of that AAM joints have always been slightly different, which requires shims for certain makes. I’m not sure that’s worth it. AAM joints really aren’t overpriced, unless you buy them from Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread