Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Nick

1. Nick

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Flushed and replaced the Brake Fluid with my handy dandy Harbor Freight pneumatic brake flushing kit .
  2. Nick

2022 High mileage motor failures?

If you are going to idle for long periods you need to bump the idle up to at least a 1000 RPM's . Even in the old trucks you raised the idle to prevent cylinder wash / oil dilution .
  3. Nick

Stellantis's price increases highest amongst major brands.

Raw materials , labor costs , govt regulations and the list goes on and on .
  4. Nick

DEF system service required

You can clear it with a scanner or other similar devic\
  5. Nick

new 2022 blue DEF code format

I just put a jug of blue def in my truck . I flattened the card board box and under the bottom inside flap was the date in plain english 8 November 23 . Naturally you have to take the box apart to read it . It would be to easy to do that on the outside of the box .
  6. Nick

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

There are certain rural counties in Cali that don't require emissions testing .
  7. Nick

Battery problems after relay safety recall repair

You need your foot on the brake as already mentioned and two quick pushes on the start button to prevent it from going to heat cycle .
  8. Nick

Battery problems after relay safety recall repair

Buy a battery tester on line . Not expensive and very easy to use . you can run battery life , volts ,cold cranking amps etc . Saves you much time money and frustration when trying to figure out if they are good or bad .
  9. Nick

Push to Start question on Diesel

Unless it is really cold just put your foot on the brake and press the start button twice rapidly and it will fire right up .
  10. Nick

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

Got mine in March of 2020 . 51 k mostly towing a 15 k 5th wheel . Only been in for a fuel pump and one code emission related when I first got it , other than that no problems .
  11. Nick

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

Jimmy 07 has developed a system that is very reasonably priced and effective . Talk to him .
  12. Nick

Road armor bumper experience

Probably a bunch of people still waiting for their bumpers and coolers also . 3 months ! You can order and receive a new truck in that time frame . Tell them you want your money back or a bumper or you will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if this is not done .
  13. Nick

Service DEF message went away, does it have to go in?

Usually a hundred dollar scanner will do about everything that are most common fault codes .
  14. Nick

Service DEF message went away, does it have to go in?

Get a scanner . My 2014 displayed a DEF error code and started giving me a countdown warning every so often . Naturally it was Sunday and I was towing my 5 th wheel . Finally pulled over hooked up the scanner and cleared the code . It never did come back. Sometimes with this sensors you get...
  15. Nick

Possible battery issue

Not my experience .