Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Marshfly

1. M

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I didn't realize orders had started yet. I was excited to order a 2023 Longhorn. I regretted selling my 2019 every since trading it on a 2021 1500. But looking through this thread it seems I'll just wait until the ordering and options availability gets better. Glad I came across the thread...
  2. M

Thuren 3" leveling front coils and stock 18s

I had Thuren coils on both my 2014 and my 2019 3500s. The stock shocks are damped all wrong for the Thuren coils. You might not think so if you haven't run the correct shocks and the factory shocks on the same truck, but it's the truth.
  3. M

Dual battery for 3500

What battery tray is that?
  4. M

Are 37s Practical?

I have ran 35s and 37s on both a 2014 Cummins 3500 SRW with 3.42s and a 2019 Cummins SRW 3500 with 3.73s. I towed up to a 12500# 5th wheel with the 2014 on 37s and up to a 16000# 5th wheel with the 2019. The 3.73 trucks react totally different than the 3.42 trucks with 37s. If your only...
  5. M

** Withdrawn ** No longer for sale.

Factory gooseneck ball kit. Includes everything that comes in the kit. I only used the ball since I was using it with an Andersen Ultimate hitch. Looking for $200 shipped in the CONUS.
  6. M

Is this upside down???

Front shocks can only be installed on way as the mounts on each end are different. That said, shocks should have the shaft at the bottom to jeep the seals lubed. Yours are backwards according to that guideline but installed as the manufacturer intends. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. M

Are 37s Practical?

Same size since at least 2014. Stock 20s with 3.42s is almost the exact same effective ratio as 37s on 3.73s. The only difference is the 37s weigh about 25# more per tire. My 37s were pulled off my 2014 the day before I traded and put on my 2019 within the first week. The difference in power...
  8. M

Are 37s Practical?

Have you driven a 4th gen or 4.5 gen on 37s? I had them on my 2014 and on my 2019 pulling all kinds of loads. With anything under 11k, my truck would still pull most hills at low altitudes in 6th and only rarely downshifted to 4th at altitude on the interstate in the Rockies. Again, zero...
  9. M

Are 37s Practical?

The factory 2019 gearing with 37s is almost exactly the same end gearing and the old stock trucks with stock tires and gearing. I had zero issue pulling my 11000# fiver with stock 3.73s and 37s, even over steep Rocky Mountain passes at altitude. When I moved to a 5th wheel with a 16800# GVWR I...
  10. M

Air compressor setups?

Looks like you could weld a plate to the back two slider arms and put everything there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. M

Air compressor setups?

Here’s the pics. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. M

Air compressor setups?

Did mine today. Made U-bolts out of 5/16 all thread and used 1/2x1" channel steel from lowes as the brackets. Installed on the passenger side frame rail. I still have to run the air lines to the front and rear in the morning but I'll take some pics tomorrow. Very easy install and super clean...
  13. M

Payload capacity/tow question

Exactly. It's amazing how many weight police on the RV message boards and Facebook groups think otherwise. And furthermore, if you are non-commercial, they don't really care at all. The best upgrade you can do to an SRW 3500 is a set of 285/75r18, 295/70r18, 295/65r20, or 285/70r20 tires. This...
  14. M

Payload capacity/tow question

It's the junk factory shocks that make the ride bad, though I thought my 3500 rode pretty darn good stock. I added Thuren coils and King IFP shocks and it rides absolutely fine on the highway no matter how rough.
  15. M

Dual battery for 3500

An isolator will not charge your batter fully since new tucks have a "smart" alternator and will not put our enough voltage. You need a Dc-DC charger like a Redarc or similar. That said, I installed a Group 34 AGm on the framerail of my 2014 for the exact same uses and it worked well. There are...