Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thuren 3" leveling front coils and stock 18s

chas0218

Reaction score
You need a new measuring tape
Lol, i was going off Thuren's youtube video he said he did the 3" coil loft to get the truck 1/8" of rake. I'll wait to order and measure mine when it shows up.
If it’s a true 3 inch lift my gasser would be 3/4-1” nose high. Even more nose high with bed topper or weight on the back.
Good to know, I'll wait to order mine until i can measure the truck to be sure.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I had Thuren coils on both my 2014 and my 2019 3500s. The stock shocks are damped all wrong for the Thuren coils. You might not think so if you haven't run the correct shocks and the factory shocks on the same truck, but it's the truth.

slvrsix7

Reaction score
I'll report back for anyone interested on how the stocks do with 1.75 coils. On previous trucks I have ran the overland shocks (which was actually just a Pro Comp ES9000 shock with a Thuren sticker, no special dampening) and Fox shocks. Really found no difference, other than the Fox shocks looked cool. If it rides like trash on my stock shocks I'll buy the Fox's. Keep in mind I don't off-road my truck beyond some dirt and gravel roads, which is probably why I get no benefit to high performance shocks.

chas0218

Reaction score
I'll report back for anyone interested on how the stocks do with 1.75 coils. On previous trucks I have ran the overland shocks (which was actually just a Pro Comp ES9000 shock with a Thuren sticker, no special dampening) and Fox shocks. Really found no difference, other than the Fox shocks looked cool. If it rides like trash on my stock shocks I'll buy the Fox's. Keep in mind I don't off-road my truck beyond some dirt and gravel roads, which is probably why I get no benefit to high performance shocks.
Yeah please I'd be curious. Only thing i can think is the shocks are valved a little softer to dampen big bumps.

angrymatt

Reaction score
I just put the Carli 2.5” springs with the Carli tuned Fox 2.0 shocks on my truck. The difference in how the shocks rebound is drastic. With the shocks off the truck if you compress it the Fox can extend and compress multiple times before the stock fully extends back out. It was very noticeable on dirt roads or roads that dont have a smooth surface. With bigger tires id say my truck rides better than stock.

chas0218

Reaction score
Not to resurrect an old thread but I'm seeing that the wheelbase makes a bit of difference in amount of lift guys are seeing. I have the MegaCab 6'5" so I'm guessing with the 3" I'm not going to see that much lift. The thuren site said it is based off a shortbed quad cab. I ordered the 3" and might do the spacers in the rear if she is way out of whack. I don't want to look squatted but also don't want any rake.

Did you end up doing the 1.75 coils? Any pictures?

slvrsix7

Reaction score
Yes I did. Love the stance and ride has been great.

Attachments

• IMG_20220725_140455_657.jpg
    IMG_20220725_140455_657.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20220825_194246.jpg
    20220825_194246.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread