Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Lumpskie

1. Lumpskie

Clicking with 4wd engaged

I haven't had any clicking in my driveshaft... but I did break a driveshaft (along with my front R&P). I suspected that the slipyoke was extended too far when it happened, because the front suspension was articulated and extended. I'll have to take a look at the splines and see if they look...
  2. Lumpskie

Clicking with 4wd engaged

Can you tell me more about your grenaded driveline?
  3. Lumpskie

Lumpskie's Prospector (Diesel Power Wagon) Build

The one down to the house isn't as bad but the one down to the shop is legitimately steep. (you need to come visit again) I don't sand, but I do plow with my tractor. Even with me trying to keep on it, the driveway just ends up being 4-6 inches of ice by the end of the year. (Awesome for...
  4. Lumpskie

I don't know whether to be frightened or impressed either, haha. The road was basically sheer ice. So, when I was trying to reverse, the rear wheels couldn't help at all. I wonder if I went from basically throwing snow in reverse to catching a rock hard... shocking the system... I wish I had...
  5. Lumpskie

Here are a couple of pics of the situation... it's hard to tell but I was bellied out when I slid off. Even with that, I didn't expect to get this level of damage.
  6. Lumpskie

I'm as surprised as you all are... I never expected to blow a ring and pinion while trying to back out of some deep snow back onto a trail. Have any of you heard of something similar to this in the past? New driveshaft is in... waiting on parts for the R&P...
  7. Lumpskie

I've been pushing my rig pretty hard, going to remote places in deep snow. I was responding to a fire call the other day up an unpaved mountain pass... the surface was sheer ice. I ended up sliding off the side of a shelf road. Luckily, there was about 5 feet of snow there which kept the...
  8. Lumpskie

Thanks! I am a total loser and haven't installed my fog lights yet. I have put a lot of miles on my Mickey Thompsons... in fact I'm on my 2nd set now. My previous set worked out great. I had them in rocks, mud, compacted snow and deep snow. They did well in all conditions. What ultimately...
  9. Lumpskie

2023 Power Wagon Rebel $90K

Do these Ram Rebels have an axle that is unique? Or is the axle shared with either the diesel or the PW? I am wondering if a differential swap and wiring would be retrofitted to Cummins rig to get the rear locker.
  10. Lumpskie

Disable cornering fog lights?

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/alfaobd.640/post-46084 Here's the only post I've seen with a possible solution
  11. Lumpskie

Lets see what you are towing!

My first time towing a travel trailer. We rented this Springdal 282BHWE to see how we like travel trailer camping. Towed it over 200 miles and it was really easy with the ram... even over mountain passes up to 8800ft. We ended up getting almost 11mpg on the way too. I think that's pretty good.
  12. Lumpskie

Ordered the 68449343AA bezel. Hopefully, everything comes together well and I don't regret just getting the CJC version!
  13. Lumpskie

I ordered some SS3 Pros with the H11 adapters. I have a bracket that should work.. I just need to find it around here. Will order the bighorn style bumper piece next.
  14. Lumpskie

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.