Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lumpskie's Prospector (Diesel Power Wagon) Build

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Went exploring after work the other day. Here are some pictures:

jar9ZDUh.jpg

s0cie8Nh.jpg

Fall in the local hills

w8TxsB2h.jpg

TzJk8IEh.jpg

YEYt73Uh.jpg

Heading home

WYZ4ejWh.jpg

XinY7ibh.jpg

NHOverland

Reaction score
It's near Kalispell, MT... up in Jewell Basin. Looks a little like northern NH/Maine though, doesn't it? (Kind of reminds me of exploring I did around Pittsburg)
Beautiful country for sure. Yes, looks a lot more like New England than I was expecting. That's why I had to ask.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
My apologies for not searching on this one, guys...

I want to replace my stock fog lights with some diode dynamics SS3 pods. I got a set of mechanical adapters to mount the lights. I will order the light pods themselves and will get adapters for the wiring. My question to you all is this:
Do you know what the name of shroud that goes around the lights is called? And do you know where to buy a bighorn version that would match up with the lights?

Thanks for the help,

UglyViking

Reaction score
My apologies for not searching on this one, guys...

I want to replace my stock fog lights with some diode dynamics SS3 pods. I got a set of mechanical adapters to mount the lights. I will order the light pods themselves and will get adapters for the wiring. My question to you all is this:
Do you know what the name of shroud that goes around the lights is called? And do you know where to buy a bighorn version that would match up with the lights?

Thanks for the help,
Do you have the front parking sensors or not? There are two different models depending on if you have the parking sensor or not.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Do you have the front parking sensors or not? There are two different models depending on if you have the parking sensor or not.
Yes sir, I do have the front parking sensors. Thanks for the help.

UglyViking

Reaction score
The part for the bezel alone is 68449343AA. There is also the bracket for behind the bezel and it's part is 68449383AA.

There is also the CJC option which has everything you need so you don't have to worry about fabbing the bracket to hold the light (link).

Post pics when you're done though!

Lumpskie

Reaction score
I have been pretty lazy and haven't bothered buying anything to swap out my stock fogs for the Diode Dynamics lights yet. I've been using the truck to respond to fire/EMS calls and it has been flawless. We've had snow covered roads since November 1st and I am still liking my Mickey Thompsons. I've used my AEV recovery kit twice this year... once to recover me (obviously, I chose not to take a picture of that!) when the snow on the side of the road was deeper than expected... and once yesterday to help a friend out. I was able to use the large soft shackle to wrap around the lower control arm in this case... was really handy. I know the AEV stuff is expensive but I have really liked using it.

bRb07WAh.jpg

flan

Reaction score
I have been pretty lazy and haven't bothered buying anything to swap out my stock fogs for the Diode Dynamics lights yet. I've been using the truck to respond to fire/EMS calls and it has been flawless. We've had snow covered roads since November 1st and I am still liking my Mickey Thompsons. I've used my AEV recovery kit twice this year... once to recover me (obviously, I chose not to take a picture of that!) when the snow on the side of the road was deeper than expected... and once yesterday to help a friend out. I was able to use the large soft shackle to wrap around the lower control arm in this case... was really handy. I know the AEV stuff is expensive but I have really liked using it.

bRb07WAh.jpg
Nice, thanks for the reminder of what that white stuff looks like. Been a bummer of a year for New England snow lovers thats for sure...

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the reminder of what that white stuff looks like. Been a bummer of a year for New England snow lovers thats for sure...
Yeah, I heard it was a crazy mild winter back there! Out here, we had good snow and cold temps in December.... no snow in January and just little dustings in February. But, it has been cold enough that the snow just hasn't melted.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
I got to use my winch the other day... a neighbor slid off her long driveway. It was steep and covered in about 4 inches of slick ice. I slipped and fell 4 times just getting the winch hooked up. There was no way I would have made it down there to pull her out with the truck.

TcWHEivh.jpg

4dxzvVMh.jpg

The recovery went without a hitch (other than my soreness after my falls!) But, getting there caused a little damage... leaving my garage of all things! I have about a foot of solid ice that I have to drive over exiting the garage. It was particularly slick and, as my front end exited the door, it slid back forward and sideways. I have to fold my mirrors to fit int the garage and I had already unfolded them... here's what happened:

0j9VvA1h.jpg

I super glued it back together for now:

RRH04b3h.jpg

It might bother me enough to buy a new piece... but my truck is so covered in snow right now that I can't see it.

In other news... I want to finally buy those diode dynamics SS3 pods to replace my stock fogs. Do any of you know whether to get the standard or the round lights for our application? (I think maybe round...) Also, do you know what kind of plug our stock fogs use? (so I can get the right adapter) I'd rather not crawl under the truck, if any of you know... still snowy out. (I haven't seen bare ground since October!)

Thanks for the help guys.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm what connector type is at the back of the stock Laramie fog lights?

UglyViking

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 probably knows the connector by heart, haha.

I'm not sure the exact sizing, but I don't see any harm in the round design, I assume no matter what the light will sit behind the plastic cover.

Users who are viewing this thread