Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Yep that's about what I averaged. 6-7.
My 7 may have been a touch optimistic but it was right in that neighborhood. I took one to Burlington, WA back in 2018. When I got it there, I said never again.

Reactions: WEB

WEB

Reaction score
My 7 may have been a touch optimistic but it was right in that neighborhood. I took one to Burlington, WA back in 2018. When I got it there, I said never again.
I only did it because I was already back east and needed to get back to WA. The slowdown had just started and that was what they had to offer. It paid ok, but I'll be totally fine with never taking another one again.

Damonbruce

Reaction score
Here is my latest rig setup Ultimate rig for full timing just unlocked! RAM 5500 towing a Grand Design 399TH. All on connected with a Gen-Y executive gooseneck hitch. This combo looks great all together and turns heads everywhere we go. It took a few iterations but we found the ultimate combination.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    596.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    981.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1514.jpeg
    IMG_1514.jpeg
    546.8 KB · Views: 93

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Here is my latest rig setup Ultimate rig for full timing just unlocked! RAM 5500 towing a Grand Design 399TH. All on connected with a Gen-Y executive gooseneck hitch. This combo looks great all together and turns heads everywhere we go. It took a few iterations but we found the ultimate combination.
Nice rig. Flatbeds rule with 5ers!

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Sexy!

Lumpskie

Reaction score
My first time towing a travel trailer. We rented this Springdal 282BHWE to see how we like travel trailer camping. Towed it over 200 miles and it was really easy with the ram... even over mountain passes up to 8800ft. We ended up getting almost 11mpg on the way too. I think that's pretty good.

vo2nkdX.jpg

Last edited:

$outh90

Reaction score
Just got the truck three days ago, figured I’d see how it looks hooked up! Hard to really tell what the squat is since the camper is on level ground and the truck is actually pointed down hill some. Our vacation is in two weeks!! Really interested to see how it tows our camper compared to the Chevy I traded!!
33’ toy hauler

Attachments

• IMG_9648.jpeg
    IMG_9648.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38

cueball

Reaction score
InTech gooseneck. Exactly what I want, how do like the spread axle?
Tows well. one axle will drag in tight turns. Nice thing about the hydraulic jack is it will raise the front axle enough to change the tire if needed.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Tows well. one axle will drag in tight turns. Nice thing about the hydraulic jack is it will raise the front axle enough to change the tire if needed.
Nice! I would not have expected the jack to have that much range, good to know.

Hambone11

Reaction score
Rockwood Ultra light isn’t much of a challenge for the 2500. It’s only about 7800# fully loaded, but my 2500 tows it so much better then my 1500. I’m so glad I traded up to the 2500 With the 6.7l.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    731.5 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread