Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by DrTron

1. D

Bigger Wheels & Tires computer change.

I did it using a GPS unit not connected to the truck (like Waze would be), because apps like Waze get their speed information from the truck, which is exactly not what you want. Got it dialed in pretty much dead on after a few tries. At least those radar-speed-checking displays one sees...
  2. D

Discount On Leftover 2023 6.4 April '24

Mac Haik is in my area. Not too impressed with them overall (for one, I bought my RAM at Mark Dodge because they couldn't even come close to that), but if they have one that interests you I can check it out for you.
  3. D

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

That would then probably have the turning radius of a cruise ship...
  4. D

Steering wheel feel

Mmmh, I did that recently, greatest difference to stock was the "toe", but honestly I can't say that steering feel has improved much. YMMV, maybe it's different for PW's vs. regular 2500's.
  5. D

Keep cargo cam on while driving?

All, I sometimes have delicate stuff in the bed I would like to keep an eye on while driving. The manual states: So that obviously means that it switches off after those 10 seconds if driving above 8mph. Is there a way to disable that so it's displayed until I manually switch it off? AlphaOBD...
  6. D

Arrrgh Tires

Would make sense, yes. Although ours is an attached garage, and by the feel of it I don't think the floor has a grade at all. Might need to get the laser-leveler out, but can't be much along the 20-something-foot length.
  7. D

Arrrgh Tires

Correct, if your garage floor slopes up, it has the same effect as if the driveway slopes down. Makes sense.
  8. D

Arrrgh Tires

Yes, not a public garage. I run 50 psi as well, and it doesn't even hit the weatherstrip. Which is approximately 84" or 7' up. It also depends on the slope of your driveway. If it's sloped downward, then the rear wheels will be elevated when driving into the garage, that can certainly make up a...
  9. D

Power Wagon Tonneau Cover

I have a MX4 (with Ramboxes) and it's the same as the previous ones. No leaks in normal conditions, but of course, when it pours or in the car wash, I get a little water in there. Like others have said, part of the design. But it's never enough that stuff in the bed would be drenched or anything.
  10. D

Arrrgh Tires

PW on 35's fits in a 7' garage. Not much clearance, but it fits.
  11. D

Single-side parking lights?

Coming from European cars, I wonder if the HD Rams have the following feature (probably not, though, couldn't find anything in the manual): When you're parking on an unlit street, you can turn on the roadside parking lights only for better visibility of the vehicle. That's accomplished by...
  12. D

2023 2500 6.4L Tire Pressure Sticker

Interesting. I run 50 all around and even then I think my 35's look pretty flat. 28 is quite a bit less than that. But my thread pattern is fine, so I'll stick with it.
  13. D

TransferFlow Replacement Tank for Hemi

That's a Diesel tank. As mentioned above, things are much more complicated for a gas tank.
  14. D

Steering wheel grind

Not really. Mine has kind of a low clicking sound when turning the steering sometimes. But as it doesn't impact functionality, not a big deal.
  15. D

37x11.5r17 Nitto recon grappler questions

Can't help you with the rubbing as I'm driving the 35x12.5, but performance-wise they are really good. Can't complain about anything (but I haven't driven them in snow/ice, so can't say anything about that).