Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel grind

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
Just purchased a ‘24 Ram 2500 and had it delivered. Love everything about the truck except the steering wheel has a grinding sound when turning. Not had time to check it out or tome to take to delaership. Just wondering if anyone has this problem also

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Ya, a bit of a known issue with the clock spring or whatever Stallantis calls them.

batman900

Reaction score

I have the same issue, my 24 has been perfect otherwise. Some good info in the thread I linked. Fortunately for me it's not that loud & I can only hear it going slow with the radio turned down. I plan to have it addressed at my first oil change.

Units

Reaction score
Mine has the same noise when cranking the wheel over but you really have to be paying attention to notice it. Meh, not worried about it. I usually have the radio on anyways.

DWEL

Reaction score
Mine goes in in a week to have the bearings on the steering column replaced for this exact noise.

Users who are viewing this thread