Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Injection CP3 pump and installation and follow on use!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on that?

Might consider sending the roller and cam images to RamCares. I don't want to crap in your thread by tagging them if you prefer not to.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am amazed at the piss poor quality of machining and also the casting looks like jt was almost to small for proper machining.... for fun if you have a micrometer set or vernier caliper could you measure the lifter diameter and the lifter bore and post the measurements please

NordicNevs

Reaction score
How many miles on that?

Might consider sending the roller and cam images to RamCares. I don't want to crap in your thread by tagging them if you prefer not to.

@RamCares check out these photos. Looks like she got out in time. saved your dealers $15-18k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I am amazed at the piss poor quality of machining and also the casting looks like jt was almost to small for proper machining.... for fun if you have a micrometer set or vernier caliper could you measure the lifter diameter and the lifter bore and post the measurements please

I’ll see about ordering one from Amazon. I’m curious as well.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Made in Czech Republic says it all
Thats a little stupid of you to say.... bosch started in Germany 125 years ago right beside Czech republic they moved production to Czechia in ww2 era they have been the some of the best producers of diesel parts made in the same factory as the cp4 comes from and the beloved CP3 comes from aswell... the Czech replublic is known for quality would you prefer them to make the parts in china? Or perhaps make them in the US so they can charge 3x the price they currently are...

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Thats a little stupid of you to say.... bosch started in Germany 125 years ago right beside Czech republic they moved production to Czechia in ww2 era they have been the some of the best producers of diesel parts made in the same factory as the cp4 comes from and the beloved CP3 comes from aswell... the Czech replublic is known for quality would you prefer them to make the parts in china? Or perhaps make them in the US so they can charge 3x the price they currently are...

I didn’t know that. Thanks for calling that out!!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I didn’t know that. Thanks for calling that out!!

I dont mind putting blame where it belongs but the Bosch engineers in the us were the cause of the cp4 not the ones in Czech republic

Cseybert

Reaction score
I replaced my killer dow pin on my 1997 5.9 with 180 thousand miles on it. The gears in the timing cover looked less worn then that lobe. I realize it’s oil versus diesel fuel for lubrication but I still question the looks of it.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I replaced my killer dow pin on my 1997 5.9 with 180 thousand miles on it. The gears in the timing cover looked less worn then that lobe. I realize it’s oil versus diesel fuel for lubrication but I still question the looks of it.

I can feel the scoring on it it with my finger
Seems excessive for 21k miles id agree

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I have the misfortune of having to talk to IT support people worldwide 24x7. The misfortune primarily being misbehaving or down equipment. Some of the best engineers I've worked with have been in former eastern block countries.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have the misfortune of having to talk to IT support people worldwide 24x7. The misfortune primarily being misbehaving or down equipment. Some of the best engineers I've worked with have been in former eastern block countries.
I am often in awe of German and European engineering as a mechanic / millwright / fabricator they have some great ideas and often are almost indestructible the only issue is getting parts when things do fail lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I am often in awe of German and European engineering as a mechanic / millwright / fabricator they have some great ideas and often are almost indestructible the only issue is getting parts when things do fail lol

I lived in Germany for 3 years and have mad respect for the tradesmen there and their engineering abilities.

I'm most impressed by their ability to slam a few beers at lunch and go back to work! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread