Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

BillnLA

Reaction score
I appreciate the response. It sounds like the dealer is able to install the remote start, I'm just curious as to what the part numbers for the kit are.

On the flip side, how do you like the 12v solutions remote start? Does it turn on the AC/heat like the factory one? When you get in the vehicle, just push the button and go?
Sorry for delay in response. Haven't been on for a while. Yes A/C or heat comes on same as was before leaving vehicle, doesn't turn on if it was not on before. I have not had to push the start button to drive. I have had a couple of times when the doors have been unlocked for over a few minutes the truck shuts off when the door is opened. I did add the phone app so I can lock/unlock the doors or remote start/stop from anywhere. Really like this as the factory fob range is limited.

bshown

Reaction score
But my hood latch have no cable going to it.

In that case you need the remote start kit that includes the hood latch and the wiring for the hood latch. The latch that comes with the remote start kit has a switch built into it, so the truck can determine whether the hood is open or not.

kristof

Reaction score
In that case you need the remote start kit that includes the hood latch and the wiring for the hood latch. The latch that comes with the remote start kit has a switch built into it, so the truck can determine whether the hood is open or not.
That kit is out of stock everywhere. Will it work if I just buy this latch from eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-...155229?hash=item3d9a628e1d:g:~yQAAOSwxj9eQIuP and make my own cable? Where I can find instructions on how to install that kit?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
That kit is out of stock everywhere. Will it work if I just buy this latch from eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-...155229?hash=item3d9a628e1d:g:~yQAAOSwxj9eQIuP and make my own cable? Where I can find instructions on how to install that kit?
Hood latch connector- molex 34062-0025 https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/34062-0025?qs=/ha2pyFadugnuiGvUwEnhncWeZcjt127wYXccCYutsTsiaB%2BAhNr/w==
Hood latch connector Terminal- 34083-2002
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/34083-2002-Loose-Piece?qs=8%2Bu/V6/T1Oq51mg2iuuTuw==
BCM C1 pin 11 terminal- Kostal 32124734123000
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KOSTAL/32124734123000-L?qs=W0yvOO0ixfFjDQ0rJ%2BHBUw==

Hood latch connector view for circuit pin out-
wToZEqO.jpg

You’ll follow the instructions for running the switch sense wire to the BCM, and just ground the sensor ground wire to any chassis bolt close by. These are instructions for a 4th gen, so the route might be slightly different, but the BCM location and connector terminal location is the same and what matters to you. https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82215553.pdf

Jimmy07

Reaction score
To add to my reply above: another option if you don’t have the hood latch and wiring- the hood ajar sensor wire is most likely present at the BCM connector C1 pin 11. You can just ground that wire with a 1k ohm resistor, and the BCM will see the hood as always being closed. Just throwing that out there if one weren’t concerned about installing the correct latch and wiring.

kristof

Reaction score
Do I need to go to a dealer to get new FOB programmed? Or can I go to local locksmith guy. Dealers in my area are not happy to do stuff like this. Also I should use 20GA wires?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Do I need to go to a dealer to get new FOB programmed? Or can I go to local locksmith guy. Dealers in my area are not happy to do stuff like this. Also I should use 20GA wires?
20awg is fine. I’m not sure about a locksmith. Depends who you call and what equipment they have. Dealer shouldn’t have an issue doing it, since they usually charge an hour of labor for 15 minutes of work.

kristof

Reaction score
20awg is fine. I’m not sure about a locksmith. Depends who you call and what equipment they have. Dealer shouldn’t have an issue doing it, since they usually charge an hour of labor for 15 minutes of work.
I installed OEM trailer brake controller on my previous RAM. When I went to a dealer to activate it they told me they should not done it since I did the installation myself and they don't know if it was done correctly

Brennanwells

Reaction score
Does it matter which key I order? There’s a couple options with the remote start and tailgate release. Thanks!

kristof

Reaction score
Does it matter which key I order? There’s a couple options with the remote start and tailgate release. Thanks!
I think tailgate release will only work if you have the electric gate release. Not pull handle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bshown

Reaction score
After I got my remote start working by enabling it in AlfaOBD, I disliked the fact that the horn would honk twice when remote starting it. I then enabled in the BCM, "Cust.Set.Menu 1-Sound Horn with Remote Start CSM Present" which allowed this setting to show up in the radio door lock options screen. Then I turned the horn off with remote start.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
If you’re referring to different options of the 5 button fob (lock, unlock, tailgate, remote start, panic), it’s just a matter of what it says on the back- aka, RAM, Limited, Longhorn.
I think tailgate release will only work if you have the electric gate release. Not pull handle.

...Which would be all 2019+ HD Rams. Since this is in the 4.5 gen section, hopefully everyone realizes all this info only applies to 2019+, and the pull handle tailgate release is only on pre-2019.

kristof

Reaction score
If you’re referring to different options of the 5 button fob (lock, unlock, tailgate, remote start, panic), it’s just a matter of what it says on the back- aka, RAM, Limited, Longhorn.

...Which would be all 2019+ HD Rams. Since this is in the 4.5 gen section, hopefully everyone realizes all this info only applies to 2019+, and the pull handle tailgate release is only on pre-2019.
Do you know if you can install tailgate damper kit on 2020 2500 ?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Do you know if you can install tailgate damper kit on 2020 2500 ?
Same with the tailgate damper- all 2019+ either have it as an option, or are ready for the factory damper to be popped on.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I put a DeeZees tailgate damper on my 2020 3500. Also had one on my 2013 2500.
Not to stray TOO far off remote start topic, but just so people know, all 2019+ have the mounting studs for the factory damper. Just remove the tail light, and pop the damper on, and it’s out of sight so you never know it’s there.

kristof

Reaction score
Not to stray TOO far off remote start topic, but just so people know, all 2019+ have the mounting studs for the factory damper. Just remove the tail light, and pop the damper on, and it’s out of sight so you never know it’s there.
I heard people buy those dampers for 1500 and once install them on 2500 the tailgate won't close. And I cannot find one made by Mopar for my 2500

Users who are viewing this thread