Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

kristof

Reaction score
If you have the amplifier or active noise canceling module mounted next to the parking brake, remove it. The full wire bundle for the BCM connectors is attached to the center of the BCM with a zip tie push pin. Pry that out so you have more slack to work the connector. It’s the top left connector (black) you are inserting the wire into, but just unplug all of the connectors from the BCM for more slack. To release the ones with the lever locks, put your index finger above the lever to push in the release tab while prying up with your thumb on the bottom of the lever. Slide the black curved wire hood off of the connector. If there is a wire in pin 11 already, just remove it and install the new wire.
Okay I will. Thank You. Have to find some more free time since this will probably take me couple of hours.

kristof

Reaction score
FIY that dumper worked perfectly. Thank You Jimmy

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Anyone tried that damper on the 3500. I have the DeeZee one installed now, But would like the hidden one if it works.

kristof

Reaction score
Anyone tried that damper on the 3500. I have the DeeZee one installed now, But would like the hidden one if it works.
Remove the side light. Easy quick job. Check if you have the brackets for dumper. If you do measure the distance between them when gate is down. I will measure in my truck and let you know. If the distance is the same they should work 100%

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Remove the side light. Easy quick job. Check if you have the brackets for dumper. If you do measure the distance between them when gate is down. I will measure in my truck and let you know. If the distance is the same they should work 100%

I have already looked and the attachment points are there. I will measure the distance closed and open.

RV_Goose

Reaction score

7 1/2 to 9 1/2. closed to open distance ball to ball.

Chris7488

Reaction score
Just came from the stealer ship to program my key they said they couldn't find the option to program engine start but did add tail gate release I have the plug on my hood latch I think there full of ****

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Just came from the stealer ship to program my key they said they couldn't find the option to program engine start but did add tail gate release I have the plug on my hood latch I think there full of ****

I think I will allow the dealership to do mine. Kinda like a test. If things go well, great. If not, well, they will lose future business except for warranty work.

Chris7488

Reaction score
Good thing I bought the mx+obd and the by pass from infotainment now to figure out how to do it my self

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing I bought the mx+obd and the by pass from infotainment now to figure out how to do it my self

Just make sure you capture (upload) all your current System ID. System Status before you make any changes, and upload your logs as you go so you know where/what/when something changed.

Infotainment? You have to rip the cluster out of the dash to use that bypass. The KoadTech cable is the preferred bypass for HD trucks.

Chris7488

Reaction score
Just make sure you capture (upload) all your current System ID. System Status before you make any changes, and upload your logs as you go so you know where/what/when something changed.

Infotainment? You have to rip the cluster out of the dash to use that bypass. The KoadTech cable is the preferred bypass for HD trucks.
I'll take screen shots

Chris7488

Reaction score
Can I leave the security by pass from infotainment always connected .Really don't like the fact I have to take apart my cluster .

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Can I leave the security by pass from infotainment always connected .Really don't like the fact I have to take apart my cluster .

How often are you really gonna use it once things are set? And there is an increased security threat.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You can leave it connected - unless you need to visit the dealer or you're concerned about someone hacking in via your WiFi.

I believe some have relocated the SGM to make it possible to use the infotainment bypass by just removing the knee bolster, but I don't know the specifics.

With the Koadtech, I just unplug it from the OBD port and stuff it up where nobody will find it.

Chris7488

Reaction score
How often are you really gonna use it once things are set? And there is an increased security threat.
well still have to wire the headlights I want to install the 12 inch screen might want to put factory led headlights so i couldn't imagine everytime to do a mod like that i have to remove the cluster

The Outdoorsman

Reaction score

I sure am glad I checked this thread again! @Brutal_HO you are the MAN! I was just about to order the Infotainment Bypass and was DREADING the fact that I would have to remove my gauge cluster everytime I needed to change a setting. The instructions for the KAOdTECh https://6d6c157f-f89c-43ae-8a03-8e0...d/6d6c15_2857cd0f14804724b30b761f568e66f0.pdf makes this choice a no-brainer.

Chris7488

Reaction score
I sure am glad I checked this thread again! @Brutal_HO you are the MAN! I was just about to order the Infotainment Bypass and was DREADING the fact that I would have to remove my gauge cluster everytime I needed to change a setting. The instructions for the KAOdTECh https://6d6c157f-f89c-43ae-8a03-8e0...d/6d6c15_2857cd0f14804724b30b761f568e66f0.pdf makes this choice a no-brainer.
Yea I had no idea I would have to remove the cluster everytime I would add a new feature. I did the remote start wasnt to bad to unlock idiots at the stealer ship could figure it out

The Outdoorsman

Reaction score
I have a few NOOB questions about adding the remote start feature to a basic 2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman. Just an FYI - At this point, I have not performed any mods with the OBD at all.

I called my local dealership and they are willing to activate a fob that I bring in (even if the fob I bring in has the remote start and tailgate option on it) for $65. They said they would activate the remote to lock/unlock and start the truck after they received a PIN code from Ram, but since I wasn't buying the fob from them, they would make no guarantees, but it should work if it is an OEM fob. So here come the questions -

Can I just get the dealership to activate the fob first, before performing any mods - such as wiring the sensor from the hood latch to the BCM and manipulating the BCM with the AlfaOBD method? Or do I need to have the wiring completed and modify the options with the AlfaOBD before the dealership activates the remote?

Users who are viewing this thread