Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this issue. Some nights when I take the dogs out, the aux plug ins beneath the uconnect and the plug ins on the back side of the center console in the back seat are all illuminated. Not super bright or anything, just regular night time illumination, so you can see around the ports. Confusing thing is some nights these are on and some nights they are not on. Any ideas?

Got your key in your pocket?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have this issue. Some nights when I take the dogs out, the aux plug ins beneath the uconnect and the plug ins on the back side of the center console in the back seat are all illuminated. Not super bright or anything, just regular night time illumination, so you can see around the ports. Confusing thing is some nights these are on and some nights they are not on. Any ideas?
Corona ghost?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Got your key in your pocket?
Not in my pocket but only about 20' away in house. Good point, could be picking that up sometimes. Those are the only few accent lights that will activate, so it doesn't seam to affect battery voltage

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Sorry to ram care and 1 fast hemi for the delay, I've been out enjoying my new truck on a beautiful day. Finally hit 501 miles for proper break in. So ok, i just tried the horn issue and this is not a problem on my truck. I went out to truck with key in pocket, climbed in and hit the horn and it worked. So next test, I closed the door w/ key in pocket and waited for all dash lights to go off and an extra few minutes totaling 5 minutes in all. I then tried the horn and it still worked. In fast hemi situation were your sitting in the vehicle for longer than 5 minutes I can not answer to that scenario but at this point, mine worked as designed.
Ps: I do have to also add to the dead peddle issue. This is an issue I've had hit and miss so i can not rely on my vehicle is going to go when i accelerate. AT THIS POINT. This is very frustrating when there are devices out there that can correct this issue, but i will not do anything that could cause a discrepancy on my warranty. Hope this helped
Sorry Guys, I fell a sleep driving my keyboard in front of the computer. When I woke up I thought I had an accident, so I hit the mouse and crushed it trying to get it to blow... Then I realized after the big dream cloud disappeared... I had just fallen a sleep in my computer chair........ JUST KIDDING !

Mark @ RamCares, I will go back out over the weekend and see of I can figure out more details on the horn situation. Thanks for checking in..

Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this, @Rich! I am glad to hear that your horn seems to be working as intended. Regarding the dead pedal concern, if at all you decide to move forward with dealer on it, please be sure to let me know so that I can ensure you have the proper support for that process.

@1FastHemi - Please be sure to keep us posted on your findings!

Mark
RamCares

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this, @Rich! I am glad to hear that your horn seems to be working as intended. Regarding the dead pedal concern, if at all you decide to move forward with dealer on it, please be sure to let me know so that I can ensure you have the proper support for that process.

@1FastHemi - Please be sure to keep us posted on your findings!

Mark
RamCares
Thanks mark for documenting this for me. I'm just over 500 miles, I'm going to give it a chance until 2000 miles to see if it improves or not, then ill proceed based on that outcome. Thanks for staying in touch.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Thanks mark for documenting this for me. I'm just over 500 miles, I'm going to give it a chance until 2000 miles to see if it improves or not, then ill proceed based on that outcome. Thanks for staying in touch.
Rich
You know they will merely tell you it is performing to spec.
Get a Sprint Booster and your problem will be solved with 18 levels of pedal reaction.
My brother has one and reports it works 100% as advertised. All the reviews say the same thing.
I have one on order, gets here this week.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Rich
You know they will merely tell you it is performing to spec.
Get a Sprint Booster and your problem will be solved with 18 levels of pedal reaction.
My brother has one and reports it works 100% as advertised. All the reviews say the same thing.
I have one on order, gets here this week.
Oh I no 100% it will correct/ fix the issue. At now 535 miles, is not as bad or frequent as it was at 150 miles and I'm starting to accelerate harder upon take offs. I just would like an honest answer from ram co./ fca that plugging in this product won't negatively impact the warranty coverage. Yes I know that I can unplug it and nobody will ever know. I also know that more than likely we won't get an answer that they will acknowledge it doesn't affect warranty. It's just the way I do things, I like things documented and in writing. This is a Nown fix and or solution to the dead peddle situation that ram can very easily say, it doesn't affect the safe operation of our vehicles but if you would like to install this product, go for it and it won't affect your coverage and there will be a lot of happy owners to be able to have a solution and will go out and buy the product. What are the odds of this happening, slim to none, but I'm giving them a chance to satisfy some customers.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
DBW has always been a turd.

As expensive and polished as this one is, it's probably one of the worst (slowest) responding DBW systems I've driven. Realizing that some of that is diesel/turbo lag.

IOW, it still stinks.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Gotcha -- it will be interesting what FCA says
probably nothing, but it sure would be nice if they did reply. I emailed them about a wk ago and nobody has replyed yet. So i don't expect much, but I'm hopeful

geektoad

Reaction score
You still don't have your Bakflip? Damn. I ordered on the last day of the sale and it was here on Friday.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
You still don't have your Bakflip? Damn. I ordered on the last day of the sale and it was here on Friday.
Nope. I ordered on the 26th. At first it wad supposed to go out on the 30th ( it didnt), so I called and they said they were really backed up because of sale and they were going to expedite mine. Then they made the new ship date yesterday, 11th, suprise, that didn't happen, so ill be calling bak again today and raising holy he'll and how did you get yours ordering after me and in just a hand full of days. Errrrrr

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Piling on with Tom716 - Rich I have to admit I never figured you for a POP2K channel consumer. I like DTJB as much as the next MTV generation guy, I’m all in on the 60s - 90s but you gotta draw the line at the techno/voice synthesizer era!!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Piling on with Tom716 - Rich I have to admit I never figured you for a POP2K channel consumer. I like DTJB as much as the next MTV generation guy, I’m all in on the 60s - 90s but you gotta draw the line at the techno/voice synthesizer era!!
Just when you think you know a guy, gotta stay current out your falling behind. I actually listen to everything from 50s to now and country to hip hop. The only thing I can't stand is opera and base. Thumping base makes me snap, had a bad experience with a neighbor and it's a trigger for me

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I’m mainly classic country and classic rock BUT also like you pretty diverse with the exception of I like opera, jazz, blues, and R&B too. I also like some hip hop but it’s pretty narrow. Today’s pop hits don’t do much for me. Glad to see your truck is coming together with all the accessorizing. Looks like the install went well for the screen protector. It’s money well spent. I think I mentioned I have CDO (OCD but letters in order) and feel compelled to wipe my fingerprints off frequently so it’s peace of mind for me to know that I’m not actually scratching the actual screen.

geektoad

Reaction score
Nope. I ordered on the 26th. At first it wad supposed to go out on the 30th ( it didnt), so I called and they said they were really backed up because of sale and they were going to expedite mine. Then they made the new ship date yesterday, 11th, suprise, that didn't happen, so ill be calling bak again today and raising holy he'll and how did you get yours ordering after me and in just a hand full of days. Errrrrr

Actually, if i remember right, didn't you order through a retailer? I ordered mine direct from Bak's website, maybe they prioritized direct sales or something? It's still bizarre that you don't even have a ship date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread