Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

MotoFish

Reaction score
I went this route. I need my bed when not towing and my dump trailer is also gooseneck. Works for me.

View attachment 50126
Definitely a good idea. I like the Goose Box better than some of the other options out there, but prefer the traditional hitch. Would be a different story if I had other goosenecks like you too.

Last edited:

MotoFish

Reaction score
My bad. I thought you were referring to an engine hoist. If I had a higher ceiling height, I would definitely go with an overhead hoist.
Another idea…. Before I got the electric winch, (or if it dies as a back up) I used to use a metal plate with 6 large lag bolts and a big D-Ring I welded into the middle. Bolted above the garage door into the header, use a come-along in between the garage door opening and still lift out the hitch. This way you don’t need to have an engine hoist lay’n around.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
A small Chain fall works well also. I Lag bolted a Piece of Unistrut to the Truss bottoms along with an eye bolt. Makes it so easy.

whitexc

Reaction score
The Companion does come apart but even then the base may be a little much for my short stature and this truck, not inviting a back injury that is. It will only come out a cple times a year.

The clean bed was big to me. No rails and factory stuff hence the puck system. Can’t and likely wouldn’t go Goosebox on this 5th wheel(light weight) but do hear great things about that setup.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitexc

Reaction score
I love my Gator roll up cover, especially for the money. Nice rig.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Need to get you a Harbor Freight lift (around $125-135? if I recall). Plugs into 110 outlet and lifts out my 200+lb B&W with ease all in one shot from the factory puck system. Hands down best investment for anyone towing with a traditional 5’er hitch.
At the house great. But doing that while traveling would be rather difficult.

ollicat

Reaction score
Was going to order Amp Research side steps for my 23 Laramie but was told they can't certify them yet for the '23. Sigh

Beldin

Reaction score
I went this route. I need my bed when not towing and my dump trailer is also gooseneck. Works for me.

View attachment 50126

I have some questions about your setup.
Did you install the goose box in the same bolt holes as the king pin box? Was there a change in the front height of your fiver? Any change in top of bed to fiver distance? Have you had any problems with the 2nd gen goose box? I do not need the 20K capacity of the new gen 3, and the air fill looks more user friendly.

I appreciate any information you are able to share!

Benson

Reaction score
Nice! Faked me out.
I saw that and said finally what I'm looking for. Looked at their website and they specifically say "will not fit Limited and Longhorn models"
I'm jealous.
I know this has been a while but Lock'er Down makes the one I have in my Limited 3500

jk2119

Reaction score
I installed the Weathertech HP floormats in my 2022 Mega Cab. Very nice set and worth the money. I am impressed. I also ordered the WeatherTech alloy bed cover. Once I get it installed, I will provide pics. I have that on my work truck and it is the best bed cover I have had for sure.

flan

Reaction score
I took the sound deadening material off from inbetween the oil pan/trans and the fuel rail.

FABA3BFC-4EDD-4D44-A405-34CF4972B8AD.jpeg

flan

Reaction score
How hard was getting off the one from the transmission?

Tell us more. Preventing future corrosion/leaks?

It seems like the one between the oil pan and the trans holds grime. I could see corrosion happening on the pan if left in place. Not worth whatever deadening it could possibly do. Removal was easy, 2 star lock washers and pull it down.

RichM752

Reaction score
I have some questions about your setup.
Did you install the goose box in the same bolt holes as the king pin box? Was there a change in the front height of your fiver? Any change in top of bed to fiver distance? Have you had any problems with the 2nd gen goose box? I do not need the 20K capacity of the new gen 3, and the air fill looks more user friendly.

I appreciate any information you are able to share!

Bolt holes lined up perfectly although not exact same locations, and used adapter spacer plates on iside of king pin frame. Mine was the Lippert model. I couldn't tell you of the height of 5th wheel, as I changed hitch out when I purchased the Arctic Fox, so I have no comparison. As far as clearance of top of bed, that distance is adjustable when installing the hitch, I believe there are three options. Lucky for me, the guy who installed mine was well versed in hitch installations and the first estimated alignment worked.
I've had no problems what so ever. I bought from E trailer, best price. Although I hear they sometimes ship the gen 2 model.
Be warned, you will be climbing in/out and maneuvering inside truck bed when hooking up. I'm 70 and in good physical shape, but it is an effort. With phyiscal limitations it would be a challenge.
tempImagerfu1ng.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread