Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

b1lanc

Reaction score
Scheduled to go in for replacement July 7th. Dealer claims the parts are already at the dealership? No inspection done to date. They did their first two last week and another two this week.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
“ Nope we dont “

So your post on 5/18 saying you were scheduled for the pump installation on 5/30 ended up getting cancelled? And the latest from @RamCares about a September delivery date for the 2019’s is the most current update? Sorry to Nick for the bad info.
Hi 72guy,
Yes, that is the most current update. We anticipate the fix to become available for 2019s in September.

Sarah
Ram Cares

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi 72guy,
Yes, that is the most current update. We anticipate the fix to become available for 2019s in September.

Sarah
Ram Cares
Will they get priority over the 20s at that point or will we be forced to the back of an already very long line?

crawlex

Reaction score
@RamCares

This is very stressful for those of us who already have 2019s with parts on order.

I have already taken my truck to the dealer. They got the engine code and ordered the pump. They did the W03 recall even though they were supposed to do the fuel pump first.

Now my fuel pump has arrived, but I don’t have any open recalls other than Y78 because they performed W03 at the time they initiated Y78 instead of after!!

I’m scheduled to get the fuel pump installed next week. Are you telling me that since I have a 2019, with no other “open” recalls other than Y78 I am going to be denied my fuel pump even though I am half way through the process!?

Dave2019

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum.
I have a 2019 that is scheduled to have a new pump installed next week, like crawlex, should I be worried?
Also, I saw in TSB 18-060-20 something about an asymmetrical CP4.2 versus a symmetrical CP4.2 when doing a ECM software update. But, I don't really know when this change from asymmetrical to symmetrical occurred?
Not knowing the history of the asym versus sym, I am concerned that RAM might be doing the sym upgrade, not the CP3.3 upgrade.
I did try searching around for info on the asym versus sym, but only came up with the dimple photos.
Thanks for any help.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum.
I have a 2019 that is scheduled to have a new pump installed next week, like crawlex, should I be worried?
Also, I saw in TSB 18-060-20 something about an asymmetrical CP4.2 versus a symmetrical CP4.2 when doing a ECM software update. But, I don't really know when this change from asymmetrical to symmetrical occurred?
Not knowing the history of the asym versus sym, I am concerned that RAM might be doing the sym upgrade, not the CP3.3 upgrade.
I did try searching around for info on the asym versus sym, but only came up with the dimple photos.
Thanks for any help.
They are NOT installing any CP4s in any trucks regardless of the version.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
We should try to move to this thread for pump talk, gotta keep the mods happy unless you got a snickers to send them :D

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares

This is very stressful for those of us who already have 2019s with parts on order.

I have already taken my truck to the dealer. They got the engine code and ordered the pump. They did the W03 recall even though they were supposed to do the fuel pump first.

Now my fuel pump has arrived, but I don’t have any open recalls other than Y78 because they performed W03 at the time they initiated Y78 instead of after!!

I’m scheduled to get the fuel pump installed next week. Are you telling me that since I have a 2019, with no other “open” recalls other than Y78 I am going to be denied my fuel pump even though I am half way through the process!?
Hi, new to this forum.
Thanks for any help.
Hi crawlex and Dave2019,
Given that you're already going through the process of the repair with your dealer, you should be able to proceed without any issues. Should your dealer give you any pushback, feel free to follow up with us in PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Randyhut

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum.
Thanks for any help.
My truck has been at the dealership for 3 weeks Monday. Waiting for pump replacement.
No worries!
FCA has been of NO help that I can verify.
No worries!

Phil T

Reaction score
My 2019 is rotting in my garage waiting for the pump. I will not drive it because I have a bad feeling that mine would be the one to leave me stranded out in the boonies. It would not be fun to be towing a travel trailer and have the pump blow. Paying for license and insurance for nothing.

Thanks FCA

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Update on my PCM....... So after being told 6/29 that got changed to 7/1, then 7/5 now 7/7! My dealer is looking for a truck for rental for the hauling trip I have coming up Friday. It has officially been 4 weeks sitting at the dealership. I have made 2 payments to let the dealer look at it sitting and not be available for my use. I had to canceled one of my trips in mid June and I told them I won't be canceling another one, they are actively searching for a gooseneck capable rental for me haul my trailer as we speak. I need the truck on 7/8 to haul out of state and they are not confident in the part showing up on time.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Got the pump recall done. Mine was sitting at dealer for another reason and a guy in front of me cancelled his appointment for the pump. I got lucky I guess. So, done deal. I didn't notice any change in sound.
Good luck to all waiting for theirs.

b1lanc

Reaction score
Mine goes in today - they tell me the parts are in stock unless they find metal particles and have to obtain additional items.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Update on my PCM....... So after being told 6/29 that got changed to 7/1, then 7/5 now 7/7! My dealer is looking for a truck for rental for the hauling trip I have coming up Friday. It has officially been 4 weeks sitting at the dealership. I have made 2 payments to let the dealer look at it sitting and not be available for my use. I had to canceled one of my trips in mid June and I told them I won't be canceling another one, they are actively searching for a gooseneck capable rental for me haul my trailer as we speak. I need the truck on 7/8 to haul out of state and they are not confident in the part showing up on time.
Hi Horse hauler,
Sorry to hear about this! Do you have a case opened with our Customer Care team? Feel free to send us a PM with your case number or VIN. We'd be happy to look into your concerns further.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread