Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Se7enoverland

Reaction score
Anyone having to reboot their 12 inch display because the App button doesn't work and after rebooting the weather screen doesn't want to load? Seems like this has been more of a problem after the latest over the air update about a month ago.

I have got my setup working good. I have found that the lights mess with with it. When I change the auto darkness to manual mode a lot of issues have went away. Uconnect tells me there is a update coming April 18th to help with more of these issues.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
And just think... they expect to encourage us to pay for that unreliable crap when the trial ends. I wonder if they took tips from Microsoft?

I know….I feel the same way. Not sure if I want to invest the $$ in something that isn’t reliable. The Ram app seems to struggle to update on the phone side. It’ll show my fuel tank “full” when it’s way less, takes forever for the system to update the truck’s data. My old 2017 with the 8.4 and the older uconnect software was much more reliable. I’m happy the most recent update seemed to fix all the software issues and the 12” has been working well since. It was very buggy when I first picked the truck up. I’m hoping this is all just teething issues since ram rolled out the new UC5 software / hardware with the 22’s and by mid year, they’ll have all the bugs worked out, then I’ll feel like the subscription service will be worth the investment, as I absolutely enjoy being able to remote start the truck from my phone and the peace of mind of being able to lock and unlock the truck from anywhere is also nice. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougB

Reaction score
Anyone having to reboot their 12 inch display because the App button doesn't work and after rebooting the weather screen doesn't want to load? Seems like this has been more of a problem after the latest over the air update about a month ago.
My 8.4NAV sometimes won’t bring up the app page. I don’t have to reboot for it to work. Just sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. I don’t mess with the weather though. Use local news app on phone for that.

MrTaz

Reaction score
My 8.4NAV sometimes won’t bring up the app page. I don’t have to reboot for it to work. Just sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. I don’t mess with the weather though. Use local news app on phone for that.
I like to use the weather radar map when I can get the app to function.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I have got my setup working good. I have found that the lights mess with with it. When I change the auto darkness to manual mode a lot of issues have went away. Uconnect tells me there is a update coming April 18th to help with more of these issues.
I'll keep an eye out for the update. Thanks for the info.

Medsgt

Reaction score
Anyone else on here have their 22 2500 with the 12" display in yet? My radio and apple carplay is super glitchy...

[MOD: Update file posted here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-uconnect-5-12-0-glitches.7144/page-12#post-172414 ]
I have been on the phone with multiple people dealer, uconnect, AT&T the dealer just says it’s a uconnect problem not there’s. AT&T says it’s a uconnect problem go see your dealer. At least they credited my account because WiFi won’t work. If you guys want uconnect number here it is 877-855-8400. Flood there phone lines. This is the second time I’ve had issues with uconnect. My truck is about to go out of warranty and the new “radio” if that’s what we are calling it is around 5000 dollars

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Those with issues after restarting the radio by holding the power and tune buttons, try restarting the radio again by going into the vehicle-settings-reset-restart radio. Seems like the first reset gets it working, then the second soft reset restores functionality of the things still glitching.

g00fy

Reaction score
I like to use the weather radar map when I can get the app to function.
You can still access the Radar map on the 2022? I used to use that a lot with Travel link on my UC4, but since I retrofitted the UC5 into my truck the weather app only gave me a 5 day forcast or something if it gave me anything at all. Also since i put the S23 update in, my weather app disappeared from the app drawer.

MrTaz

Reaction score
You can still access the Radar map on the 2022? I used to use that a lot with Travel link on my UC4, but since I retrofitted the UC5 into my truck the weather app only gave me a 5 day forcast or something if it gave me anything at all. Also since i put the S23 update in, my weather app disappeared from the app drawer.
On mine the weather map appears in the upper right corner of the weather page.

Uabmedic200

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'd be willing to bet thats not a display issue, but a lower resolution camera issue. Probably couldn't source enough of the older cameras and instead of going the Ford/GM route and letting trucks site for months, they got the next best thing, which unfortunately is a poor quality part.

That said, if someone doesnt mind sending their VIN, i'll pull up part numbers and see if there's a difference in the system between my 21 model and the 22s

RIDDLE ME THIS…
Something I have found DURING a glitch, I restarted the screen, just happen to need to reverse during the restart…. The reverse cam still popped up on the screen while the actual tablet system was rebooting. The clarity of the camera display while the system was rebooted was super HD and clear. Night and day difference compared to when the screen/Android tablet was on and functional.

Uabmedic200

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'd be willing to bet thats not a display issue, but a lower resolution camera issue. Probably couldn't source enough of the older cameras and instead of going the Ford/GM route and letting trucks site for months, they got the next best thing, which unfortunately is a poor quality part.

That said, if someone doesnt mind sending their VIN, i'll pull up part numbers and see if there's a difference in the system between my 21 model and the 22s

Forgot to mention, 2022 2500 12”. I think the cameras are very high in clarity, the Android tablet OS just busts the resolution/clarity down for some reason.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
My weather app, live traffic on gps, and gas price feature Doesn't work on my truck. Y’alls are working? Are you paying for this?

sstoner911

Reaction score
My weather app, live traffic on gps, and gas price feature Doesn't work on my truck. Y’alls are working? Are you paying for this?
I have never used the weather app ..well a couple of times but it's not convenient. I have noticed the fuel prices do not display diesel or sometimes not at all. I think this has something to do with the data TomTom pulls from their source...I see some complaints in the TomTom forums.
I am not sure if I have the traffic feature...I may have that traffic feature turned off. The Nav does show me traffic jams tho.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed the cameras in the '22 are far less quality than the previous gen

If you look very closely at the 12” when the cameras are displayed it’s almost like they’re suffering from some sort of EM interference. I think the clarity is there but there’s some sort of issue with the feed being disrupted or interfered with.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Mine says an error occurred try again later. Hasn’t worked since December when I took delivery

g00fy

Reaction score
When I updated to the s23 firmware I completely lost the weather app, doesn't even show up in the app drawer anymore.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Your Phone will always have the latest updates for weather, traffic etc. I understand you want to use the truck's features but they hardly work on other brands as well like Sync for Ford and or Chevy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread