The Ram Truck brand has dominated the annual Texas Truck Rodeo, hosted by the Texas Automotive Writers Association (TAWA). The brand won every category the brand entered, securing eight awards, the most of any brand at the event. The 2020 Ram 1500 earned top honors as the 2020 “Truck of Texas” as Chevrolet, GMC, and Ford sat out for this year’s competition. Its no surprise considering that the Ram 1500 took home the award home last year as well.
“The 2020 Ram 1500 once again captured the hearts of our members this year and has earned our highest honor as the 2020 Truck of Texas,” said Michael Marrs, President of TAWA. “It continues to be the benchmark for capability, technology and the attention to detail sets it apart from the rest of the segment.”
Held at Star Hill Ranch in Bee Cave, Texas, this year’s Texas Truck Rodeo featured both on and light off-road driving opportunities. TAWA members cast their votes after two days of on and off-road vehicle evaluations. Consideration is given to everything from exterior/interior styling and off-road capability to the entrant’s overall utility, value, and performance.
More than 40 pickups trucks, SUVs and commercial vehicles were entered in the competition this year and more than 50 TAWA members attended.
- Truck of Texas Top Honors – 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel
- Full-Size Pickup Truck of Texas – 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel
- Heavy-Duty Pickup Truck of Texas – 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn
- Luxury Pickup of Texas – 2020 Ram 1500 Limited
- Off-Road Pickup Truck of Texas – 2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
- Best Infotainment System – Ram’s 12-inch Uconnect Infotainment System
- Best Powertrain – Third-Generation 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6
- Best Towing Feature – Ram Rear Air Suspension
You must be logged in to post a comment.