Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Front Grille Cover - Installed

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats weird mine doesn't cover the tow hooks...
My 2022 or my 2020 both trucks are night editions

We’re not talking about tow hooks, but rather the top hooks on the cover.

Any pics of how you installed your top hooks? Nowhere to hook them on my ‘22.

wpgram

Reaction score
Wow clearly i was still half asleep LOL

they hook to the first grille location down from the top. The 22 cover has two sets of hooks per location for some reason. the 20 doesnt.

123zk

Reaction score
Looks good my 22 was that way. -30 C yesterday was running great.

Nick

Reaction score
You can mark where you want cutouts and take it to an upholsterer they can cut it out and heavy duty stitch the edges .

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
Wow clearly i was still half asleep LOL

they hook to the first grille location down from the top. The 22 cover has two sets of hooks per location for some reason. the 20 doesnt.
It says in the instructions that the different hooks are for the different grilles depending on trim level.

Jgouldski

Reaction score
After perusing this thread, I believe I haven't seen a reply with my exact truck and trim in regards to the grille cover, so I figured I should get confirmation.

I have a 2019 2500 big horn gasser. Does anyone know which cover would fit my truck? I found 82216096 after searching parts websites. Is that the right one? Some of the sites say it will fit my truck, some say it won't. An ebay listing says it is for diesels only. Frustrating!

I'm also not near my truck to look to see if there's one included somewhere. But it's going to be -30C here for awhile and I got some long range driving to do....

jsalbre

Reaction score
You shouldn’t need a grille cover with a gasser. There are automatic shutters behind the grille that close when cooling air isn’t needed.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
After perusing this thread, I believe I haven't seen a reply with my exact truck and trim in regards to the grille cover, so I figured I should get confirmation.

I have a 2019 2500 big horn gasser. Does anyone know which cover would fit my truck? I found 82216096 after searching parts websites. Is that the right one? Some of the sites say it will fit my truck, some say it won't. An ebay listing says it is for diesels only. Frustrating!

I'm also not near my truck to look to see if there's one included somewhere. But it's going to be -30C here for awhile and I got some long range driving to do....
You do not need the cover with a gas truck it is a waste of money, if you do still want to throw money away the cover of a diesel will fit it only says diesel only as its only needed on a diesel…

hexplor1

Reaction score
Hi all, I know my reply is late to the party, but just in case it wasn't already covered in this thread, I have a 2022 diesel and there is an opening for the front camera, you just need to carefully cut out the fabric by following the template already in the material. Also, the lower flap is designed to be removed by slightly pulling on the red colored thread. Once you gently start pulling/loosen one corner of the thread, you can slowly pull that lower flap completely off, which is actually required in my state because the front license plate must be visible at all times. It also makes accessing the block heater cord easier as well. I live in the great white North where the winter front grill cover is a necessity in the winter time, but I always remove it as soon as it starts warming up...in May! :)

GBB

Reaction score
One of these days I’m gonna put my winter grill cover on and start driving south..when I get somewhere where someone ask me what that’s far I’m gonna settle down there.

ppine

Reaction score
The old school Wyoming solution for cold weather is to just put a piece of cardboard in front of your radiator. It works just fine and does not cost anything.

unclelala

Reaction score
The old school Wyoming solution for cold weather is to just put a piece of cardboard in front of your radiator. It works just fine and does not cost anything.
But the cool factor just aint there. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread