Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Front Grille Cover - Installed

GBB

Reaction score
I just tuck that lower flap behind the bumper so it doesn’t interfere with my light bar

Attachments

• F0286179-A937-44E0-92A8-E30F6D1CACDD.jpeg
    F0286179-A937-44E0-92A8-E30F6D1CACDD.jpeg
    671.6 KB · Views: 79

kobra

Reaction score
It's -38 here today; might be cold enough for the winter front ;)

B

heyguy

Reaction score
Turns out I didn't throw out the bag, and it has a part # on it!
Part # 68526832AA

And a couple of photos;
-picture from the manual showing the insert that gets unstitched and removed for the front camera
-photo installed on truck (sorry for distorted wide angle but up against the garage)

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need anything else!
B
My parts guy got the updated cover in and did a straight exchange for me. I put it on and presto it fits. Nice that they have shorter tabs on it now for the Limited grille. Only thing I wish it has was a couple of tabs by the camera cutout. I can see the cover on the front camera view. Thx for the part # Kobra!

Attachments

• DSC_1788.JPG
    DSC_1788.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 98

kobra

Reaction score
My parts guy got the updated cover in and did a straight exchange for me. I put it on and presto it fits. Nice that they have shorter tabs on it now for the Limited grille. Only thing I wish it has was a couple of tabs by the camera cutout. I can see the cover on the front camera view. Thx for the part # Kobra!

Glad to help, and glad it worked out for you!
It does seem like maybe there is a little fold right in the middle that might be showing up on your camera. I don't have any tabs on mine, but it seems to lay a bit flatter; at least from the pictures. I wonder if you can heat it a bit with a hair dryer and see if you can get it to lay flatter? (never had to do that, but it seems like the openings are similar)

hth
B

heyguy

Reaction score
Glad to help, and glad it worked out for you!
It does seem like maybe there is a little fold right in the middle that might be showing up on your camera. I don't have any tabs on mine, but it seems to lay a bit flatter; at least from the pictures. I wonder if you can heat it a bit with a hair dryer and see if you can get it to lay flatter? (never had to do that, but it seems like the openings are similar)

hth
B
Was thinking maybe a couple of small velcro strips on the grille might be just enough to hold it in.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
There was a TSB for this as a known issue (screw up) on Ram's part on the 19 and early 20 trucks.

Thanks @Brutal_HO I thought I had read about that TSB.

But, as to the rest of the drama about poor quality and hard to install?
My 3rd RAM HD in 7 years and each one came with a winter front; this one is the best one for overall design, quality and ease of installation -by far.

B

You guys wouldn't happen to know what the TSB # is by chance would you? I have tried searching for it, but haven't been able to find it.

heyguy

Reaction score
You guys wouldn't happen to know what the TSB # is by chance would you? I have tried searching for it, but haven't been able to find it.
It's on page 2 of this thread.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
It's on page 2 of this thread.
I saw that, but that is not actually the TSB. It doesn't even come up in the NHTSA site when I search for it using the NHTSA ID #. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place to find it.

carlrx7

Reaction score
I asked the dealer to swap mine out today and they couldn't find any guidance from Ram on what to do. Sent @RamCares a message to assist. If anyone can share how they got it swapped out, please share!

js4024

Reaction score
Well, they didn't change much for the 2022's. My 3500 grill cover doesn't really "fit" the way it should. Basically the crappy instructions tell you to "force" the edges between the top part of the chrome surround above the "grill". IMPOSSIBLE TO DO UNLESS YOU WANT TO BREAK THE PLASTIC!!! Instructions are useless, I got the edges up alongside the headlights... barely. Hooked up the clips where I could and it "seems" to be working ok. Amazing that they don't send this along with all "NORTHERN" Trucks. It came with the COLD WEATHER PACKAGE which you PAY for. It includes the pre routed block heater cable and the grill front cover. If it is required for warranty, the dealer would have to supply it with the vehicle. I use it, coolant runs 192 degrees, Trans 162 degrees, Oil 201 degrees.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Standard on the Canadian diesel trucks. Never put mine on. I don't like cold. LOL

jebruns

Reaction score
I have one of those winter covers, from my 18 2500 Laramie. It was never used. I'd get rid of it for actual shipping cost only.

js4024

Reaction score
It comes with the cold weather, or snow chief group option? Battery blankets and the like. Mine came with it, not sure exactly the package but it was under the back seat when I got my truck home. In my manual for the 2022 on page 139, it states the winter front cover should be used when ambient temps are below 32 F, 4 flaps open. If it gets below 0, 4 flaps closed. Honestly, it kept the truck temp warmer and that aids in MPG. I average 14.5 mpg around town in the winter so I feel it helps. It also gets your engine oil and trans temp up so they work more efficiently. They typically want to see oil temps between 190 and 210 on these long interval oil change engines. (I change mine once a year and never get to anywhere near 15k miles) Never had any issue over heating even when left on in 45 degree weather.

OuterUB

Reaction score
It comes with the cold weather, or snow chief group option? Battery blankets and the like. Mine came with it, not sure exactly the package but it was under the back seat when I got my truck home. In my manual for the 2022 on page 139, it states the winter front cover should be used when ambient temps are below 32 F, 4 flaps open. If it gets below 0, 4 flaps closed. Honestly, it kept the truck temp warmer and that aids in MPG. I average 14.5 mpg around town in the winter so I feel it helps. It also gets your engine oil and trans temp up so they work more efficiently. They typically want to see oil temps between 190 and 210 on these long interval oil change engines. (I change mine once a year and never get to anywhere near 15k miles) Never had any issue over heating even when left on in 45 degree weather.
Excellent. That's what I think too.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the winter front on a night edition? There aren’t any cutouts in the grill where the top hooks are.

Users who are viewing this thread