Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is the facelift coming out?

Shuga

Reaction score
Like the title says when is the facelift coming out? I saw that they relived the 25 1500, so shouldn't the 2500 be with it? Any one know when it's due?

Reaction score
I suspect they’ll announce a facelift sometime between May and August for a 2025-2026 MY. The HD pickup revisions seem to come about 9-12 months after the 1500 revisions if the 2019-2020 model announcements are any indication of the present era. I suspect that we will finally see the new 8 speed transmission because it has been published by FCA that 68RFE transmission builds will stop in 2024 so the logical conclusion is that a new transmission is waiting in the wings for 2025. We may also see the Tungsten trim level with that passenger screen, but I suspect they’ll keep the gen 4 cab until at least 2028. Not enough rumbling to suggest that a new cab is coming soon.

Shuga

Reaction score
I suspect they’ll announce a facelift sometime between May and August for a 2025-2026 MY. The HD pickup revisions seem to come about 9-12 months after the 1500 revisions if the 2019-2020 model announcements are any indication of the present era. I suspect that we will finally see the new 8 speed transmission because it has been published by FCA that 68RFE transmission builds will stop in 2024 so the logical conclusion is that a new transmission is waiting in the wings for 2025. We may also see the Tungsten trim level with that passenger screen, but I suspect they’ll keep the gen 4 cab until at least 2028. Not enough rumbling to suggest that a new cab is coming soon.
I am looking at getting a 2500 soon, but with the design coming I am unsure what to do. I didn't know that the 2500's where usally a year behind :/
Do you think they'll still offer a cummings? Or are they going to go to some Hybrid bs.

Reaction score
I doubt there will be any Cummins engine changes before 2028-2029. Those require lengthy road testing and market socialization and we’ve seen nothing of the sort in the rumor mill, so we are probably several years away from new Cummins engines. New 8 speed transmission is my guess as to the most substantive power train change we’ll see for 4-5 years. A truck company is never going to surprise its conservative buyers with a potentially controversial new engine without years of runway to get the market primed for it.

If I were looking at a 2024 Limited HD, I might think about waiting to see if a 2025 Tungsten HD comes out, and/or the other new features such as totally keyless operation, self-driving capabilities, etc. as promised for the 2025 1500 Tungsten. But if you aren’t going for a top-level trim then the only substantive change you might expect to miss out on would be a new transmission, which rumors suggest would be a ZF heavy duty 8 speed. I have 150,000 miles on ZF’s light duty 8-speed across my Land Rover LR4 and 2022 1500. It’s an excellent transmission—smooth, usually crisp, and reliable. The big advantage of an 8 speed is the ~10% fuel economy gain it would surely offer. If you don’t care about the absolute smoothest shifts or 10% in fuel savings, then you’re probably not missing anything by having a 6-speed today.

I traded in my 2022 1500 Limited EcoDiesel and bought a 2024 3500 Limited which just got delivered today, in fact. I would’ve waited for a 2025 3500, but I needed the 3500 NOW for summer and spring towing plans. I could not wait. If a Tungsten with an 8-speed is offered for 2025, I might make a quick upgrade, in 9-12 months, though. The Tungsten has great features for heavy road trippers and tech early adopters like me.

One huge surprise was the 10% off MSRP on 2024 models RAM gave HD buyers in December. Not sure if that’s still going on but I saved an extra $10,000 on my truck I didn’t expect to. That was great news for ordering last October and closing the deal December 26.

Last edited:

Builtfordrough

Reaction score
I saw on Ram’s build&price website yesterday that the new 2024 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs with the Aisin can no longer be registered in California. I can’t find any details as to why, something specific to the transmission or if it’s a nice way of saying no new diesels, but this may force Ram to accelerate the release of a new transmission. Maybe additional gears are required to increase efficiency and reduce emissions in California. Thoughts and comments?

MtnRider

Reaction score
I saw on Ram’s build&price website yesterday that the new 2024 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs with the Aisin can no longer be registered in California. I can’t find any details as to why, something specific to the transmission or if it’s a nice way of saying no new diesels, but this may force Ram to accelerate the release of a new transmission. Maybe additional gears are required to increase efficiency and reduce emissions in California. Thoughts and comments?

Nothing to do with the transmission, it's California being Kalifornia (emissions).

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Trans means nothing and all C&C trucks get the aisin

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
California has an approved plan for phasing out diesel powered trucks, and zero emissions trucks period.

Builtfordrough

Reaction score
A CC can be had with a Hemi that has an Aisin behind it. Correlating Aisin with Diesel isn't necessarily valid.

That brings it back to the original question. If both gas and diesel come with an Aisin, California has decreed that no new 4500 and 5500 Rams can be registered in the state. Why? Does that force Ram to release a new transmission IOT sell C&C trucks in CA, or does Ram keep Aisin and abandon CA?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That brings it back to the original question. If both gas and diesel come with an Aisin, California has decreed that no new 4500 and 5500 Rams can be registered in the state. Why? Does that force Ram to release a new transmission IOT sell C&C trucks in CA, or does Ram keep Aisin and abandon CA?
Idk why you assume it has anything to do with the trans…. Its likely more to do with california wanting to decrease commercial vehicles.

Builtfordrough

Reaction score
Idk why you assume it has anything to do with the trans…. Its likely more to do with california wanting to decrease commercial vehicles.
From Ram’s website:
Not Registerable In All 50 States. Starting January 1, 2024, 2024 Ram Chassis Cab 4500 and 5500 vehicles with Aisin transmissions will no longer be available for registration in the state of California. Please contact your local dealer for additional details.

Why call out the transmission? Ford does not have the same warning on their C&C builder site.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
From Ram’s website:
Not Registerable In All 50 States. Starting January 1, 2024, 2024 Ram Chassis Cab 4500 and 5500 vehicles with Aisin transmissions will no longer be available for registration in the state of California. Please contact your local dealer for additional details.

Why call out the transmission? Ford does not have the same warning on their C&C builder site.

All 4500/5500 trucks get the Aisin. The only C&C to have the option of the 8HP75 is the 3500.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
From Ram’s website:

A 8 speed trans would not change fuel efficiency as the finaldrive wont change on the highway. The 8 speed would add more in between speeds to space out the mid range shifts the final drive of the OD would be very close to the same. The other point is 4500-5500s would be a tiny amount of vehicles compared to diesel 2500/3500s

jetrinka

Reaction score
Facelifts never look right. Just take care of yourself and age gracefully for hecks sake. You'll end up looking like the cheshire cat with lip fillers....

Oh we're talking about trucks? I think mine looks pretty sexy. Keep things the same.

Aketay

Reaction score
I got a new facelift, 2024 GettaMechanicComin’. Maintenance cost on Rams has gotten out of control. I’m keeping the Ram, just retiring it at half a million miles.

Attachments

• IMG_2013.jpeg
    IMG_2013.jpeg
    826.5 KB · Views: 59

flan

Reaction score
I got a new facelift, 2024 GettaMechanicComin’. Maintenance cost on Rams has gotten out of control. I’m keeping the Ram, just retiring it at half a million miles.
It was a good run.

Do they still run the L5sittoPee? Let us know how it works out!

Aketay

Reaction score
I’ll keep y’all posted. Best part will be when I have to ask my wife to borrow my old truck.

WXman

Reaction score
Well, the DT cab has been on the market for nearly 6 model years now and the HD trucks were never moved to it. The 6.4 Hemi is now 12 model years old with zero changes. The transmissions have been around for just as long. If you're waiting for a new HD truck from Ram, don't hold your breath. If you're still middle aged you might live long enough to see it happen.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Well, the DT cab has been on the market for nearly 6 model years now and the HD trucks were never moved to it. The 6.4 Hemi is now 12 model years old with zero changes. The transmissions have been around for just as long. If you're waiting for a new HD truck from Ram, don't hold your breath. If you're still middle aged you might live long enough to see it happen.
Count your blessings I suppose. The current gen 4runner was first introduced in 2009 and it has the same engine, trans, and basically same interior and exterior. For us, the Cummins got an update (although thus far it seems to be more a downgrade than upgrade, but thats another topic), the hemi also got the 8 speed, and our interior is completely new. So that's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread