Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When is the facelift coming out?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
We have only put ZF's in for Cummins

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
We have only put ZF's in for Cummins
I was shocked ZF let PACCAR “rebrand” it. But I guess if you pay enough $$, you can call it whatever you want. PACCAR is a strange animal. They did the same “rebranding” with some Cummins engines as well. Not sure what the allure is by doing that.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
If the transmission is indeed the Powerline, it will absolutely have auto park. The park lock is rated at 33k GCW.

If anyone wants to see some “features” of the transmission, you can go here:

The transmission has been on the road for a little while now, as PACCAR has been installing them in their medium duty trucks under the disguise of the “PACCAR TX-8”.

Side note: check out that column shifter ;)

They flyer says auto park with engine off, which is better than how the current auto park works.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
All the lit on the ZF Powerline shows the same.
I’m curious to find out how they’re going to play the horsepower and torque numbers. ZF’s documents say 1,000 lb / ft of input torque max. We’re already slightly above that in the HO, and if they want to continue to battle it out in the numbers war, they’re going to have to squeeze a little more juice out somewhere.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m curious to find out how they’re going to play the horsepower and torque numbers. ZF’s documents say 1,000 lb / ft of input torque max. We’re already slightly above that in the HO, and if they want to continue to battle it out in the numbers war, they’re going to have to squeeze a little more juice out somewhere.

The Paccar says 1050, so it’s closer.

I’d guess it’s going to be at least 1200.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've said this before but here goes.

I love my HO/AISIN but wouldn't mind seeing an 8 or 9 speed ZF Powerline that is overbuilt and can hold 600HP and 1300 lb. ft. in stock form. The no load 2nd gear starts, up/down skip shifts, neutral idle, and rolling D/R/D looks really great on paper.

The Paccar says 1050, so it’s closer.

I’d guess it’s going to be at least 1200.

Yup.

Units

Reaction score
Guess in a few years when the kinks are worked out, I’ll have to trade up to get the 8 speed. I’ll wait to break that news to wife till the last minute.:cool:

Units

Reaction score
I do wonder though, will they make everyone use the knob shifter? I like my old school column shifter, I never did care for the knob shifter.

superjoe83

Reaction score
I do wonder though, will they make everyone use the knob shifter? I like my old school column shifter, I never did care for the knob shifter.

The new Ford half tons at work have a column shifter but it's fully electronic, no cable. So I would think ram could do the same thing to keep it on the column. But most likely they will have the knob

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I do wonder though, will they make everyone use the knob shifter? I like my old school column shifter, I never did care for the knob shifter
That would be a big adjustment for plowing lol i dont hate the knob but its just not ideal for certain applications

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My last 3 trucks have had the knob, after 10 years you get used to it.

KneeDeep

Reaction score
My last 3 trucks have had the knob, after 10 years you get used to it.
My Jeep has the knob and when I get out of one of my Rams I am always reaching for the lever.

Users who are viewing this thread