Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the chances these fit

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
‘24 Ram 2500 diesel. Stock suspension

Have Moto metal 18x10 -24 wheels and 35x12.5 tires ordered. How bad do you think these will rub? And will a leveling kit keep them from rubbing?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
There are quite a few examples of __x10 with negative offset -16 up to -44 on the custom offset gallery. Check it out. Should give you an idea of how much poke you’ll have and they list if they had to trim or not

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Here is a good read on tire fitment and wheel offset.

This ^

I wasn’t gonna tell him that he ordered the wrong wheels and should’ve researched before buying rather than after. I’m trying to be a nicer person.

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
This ^

I wasn’t gonna tell him that he ordered the wrong wheels and should’ve researched before buying rather than after. I’m trying to be a nicer person.
Thanks. Definitely didnt order wrong wheels. Got what i wanted. Will put whatever size lift that is needed to make work. Wouldnt be first new truck that i have used a hammer and saw on. Lol

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
There are quite a few examples of __x10 with negative offset -16 up to -44 on the custom offset gallery. Check it out. Should give you an idea of how much poke you’ll have and they list if they had to trim or not
Appreciate it. Actually looked at the gallery. That is where I actually ordered my tires and wheels. But by all the pictures appears they will fit maybe with just alittle rubbing. I was kinda more curious if anyone had similar sizes and actual results.

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
Definitely had to put a leveling kit. Just a little rubbing. Will do alittle trimming. But turned out great. (It doesnt look level due to driveway. But it is exactly 44” from ground to fender front and back)

IMG_8088.jpeg

IMG_8089.jpeg

johanh13

Reaction score
is that a 35x12.5 on the wheels you mentioned? 18x10 with -24mm offset ? also, would be curious to see a view that shows just how much they stick out (from the front to the side, where you can see the front and back tire) thanks

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
is that a 35x12.5 on the wheels you mentioned? 18x10 with -24mm offset ? also, would be curious to see a view that shows just how much they stick out (from the front to the side, where you can see the front and back tire) thanks
Those would stick out a lot. About 4” more than stock wheels

Stock wheels are 8” wide and depending on trim have +47ish to +57ish offset. Let’s call it 50mm for simplicity and let’s simplify 1” to 25mm

18x10 is a wider wheel and going from ~+50 to -24 is 75mm ish more offset in the outward direction. Quick math shows that wheel sticks out 4” more than stock

Simplified: 8” wheel with 0 offset is 4” from the wms. Bring that in ~50mm and it’s 2” from hub
10” wheel with 0 offset is 5” from the wms. Bring that out 1” and you’re at 6” from hub

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
I will get you a picture. They do stick out alot. But its what i was looking for. They still stick past the fender flares. But i personally hate the look of trucks with fender flares and the tires are way inside of them. I prefer them outside.

johanh13

Reaction score
Those would stick out a lot. About 4” more than stock wheels

Stock wheels are 8” wide and depending on trim have +47ish to +57ish offset. Let’s call it 50mm for simplicity and let’s simplify 1” to 25mm

18x10 is a wider wheel and going from ~+50 to -24 is 75mm ish more offset in the outward direction. Quick math shows that wheel sticks out 4” more than stock

Simplified: 8” wheel with 0 offset is 4” from the wms. Bring that in ~50mm and it’s 2” from hub
10” wheel with 0 offset is 5” from the wms. Bring that out 1” and you’re at 6” from hub
Good explanation! I had not even thought about the wider wheels sticks out about 4" more inches, but the centerline of the tire sticks out about 3" more... Personally, I would love to see a 18x10" wheel for the Rams with 32mm positive offset. this would allow running a 35x12.50 without rubbing the radius arm and without sticking out too far.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Good explanation! I had not even thought about the wider wheels sticks out about 4" more inches, but the centerline of the tire sticks out about 3" more... Personally, I would love to see a 18x10" wheel for the Rams with 32mm positive offset. this would allow running a 35x12.50 without rubbing the radius arm and without sticking out too far.
Why are you set on a 10” wheel? Plenty of 18x9 choices that are tried and true.

johanh13

Reaction score
Why are you set on a 10” wheel? Plenty of 18x9 choices that are tried and true.
I'd settle for an 18x9 with about 32mm positive offset.... Not sure why Ram and Ford both, have 18x8 wheels and 20x8 wheels, at least with GM you can get OEM 18x9 and 20x8.5... The width so you can properly mount 12.5" or 305+mm wide tires

Users who are viewing this thread