Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on your Aux Switches

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Planned:
1} Under hood lights (bought but not installed yet)
2) Front light bar
3) Rear backup LEDs
4) Rear facing dust light

Possibly: onboard air

coastie

Reaction score
Where are you planning to mount this ? I was thinking of the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s mounted to the driver side frame rail. I have the factory airbags and the compressor for that is on the passenger side. I’ll try to post some photos soon.

coastie

Reaction score
Planned:
1} Under hood lights (bought but not installed yet)
2) Front light bar
3) Rear backup LEDs
4) Rear facing dust light

Possibly: onboard air
What type of hood lights did you use? Thanks.

smithb29

Reaction score
Currently have "OEM" fog lights and reverse lights.
Working on adding a connector in the rear so I can run "docking lights" on my camper for setting up at night.

I have a 2020 Tradesman with out the factory aux switches so I am running a 6 gang switch panel. So far it works like a charm.

Ray Payne

Reaction score
I have yet to fill them in.
1 - Front light bar (not purchased)
2 - Ground lights (not installed)
3 - Rear service lights (not installed)
4 - High power relay
5 - Auto level air suspension (not factory equipped of course)
6 - Air compressor

4 is to power the fifth wheel with the dual alternators so I can run the AC in the RV, and/rapid charge the batteries. It also lets me boost a car from the rear bumper if needed. (With a different plug in cable to the bed with clips. The usual one I use is from the connector in the bed and hard wired to the RV battery bank.)
2/3 are to see when I arrive at a campsite after dark. So they purely light up the ground around the truck and trailer.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
2WD LOW box and under hood LED.

Coming: reverse lights on truck, trailer, including reverse trigger enable/disable switch.

One of the members just made a nice electrical drawing for this same reverse setup! I just ordered all the hardware including the Trigger 4. If you’d like, I could pass on the drawing.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Any links to sources on how to wire this up? Planning on the BajaDesigns kit and would like to have the reverse gear enable / disable option. Only wiring I have seem so far is for the reverse gear.

I have a drawing, made by another forum member for the reverse gear enable/disable but also with another switch to turn them on/off whenever needed.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
HID off-road lights, LED underhood lights, pending reverse LED lights, pending 2WD Low

Can you point me to a thread for more info on the 2wd low? I tried searching but it say the search is to common

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a drawing, made by another forum member for the reverse gear enable/disable but also with another switch to turn them on/off whenever needed.

My setup also includes lights for the 5th wheel and a switch on the rear. It's pretty complex using 4 relays...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you point me to a thread for more info on the 2wd low? I tried searching but it say the search is to common

Use the advanced search tag button found at the top of every page.

There's not much to it. buy the BD 2-Low kit and provide switched power to it.

Jeeptree2112

Reaction score
What does everyone have hooked up for their Aux switches. I have the factory switches and wiring harness and not one clue on what to add first. Let’s see some ideas for a Rookie Ram owner. Thanks!

[mod: merged threads]

Last edited by a moderator:

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
As someone with the unfortunate "lack of aux switch " condition, I know my tradesman could use a nice set of ditch lights and a small lightbar for backroads for the period of time between September and April. Never know what could jump out.

Backup lights are on my potential list.

Some people wire interior accessories. Ham/cb radios, dash cameras, gps units.

Imagination is all that limits you lol.

Users who are viewing this thread