Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Ballast point only did it to get the distribution. They actually bought the brewing part back, but left the distribution to the parent company. They did this as the master brewer wanted to start distilling spirits.he still does that and they have a separate line for that.
So they brew and distill, but let the big guys distribute it for them.
Sad part is, a buddy of mine started that brewery. Sold it as his girlfriend didnt like the bar company. Next owners took what he built/designed and moved it up from there.
I take it Pete must have been your friend who left then since Jack stayed on. I used to buy brewing supplies from Home Brew mart back in the 90s. Constellation Brands (primarily an importer of Spirits and wine) has distribution rights Grupo Modelo brand because of an Antitrust agreement when AB InBev took over Grupo Modelo. Buying Ballast Point gave Constellation their first brewery ownership but it didn't last for them. I had never heard of Kings and Convicts when they bought Ballast Point in 2019.

Thanks for your service guys! My dad was Navy. Step pop USMC.

Much2fast

Reaction score
Got tbe OEM rear bumper step installed. Seems pretty well made so far.
I installed mine as well last week, really like it and super easy install. One question though, do you find it hard to get your foot in there to extend it without rubbing your foot on the bumper? Sometimes I just use my hand to extend so I don't end up wearing a spot on the bumper.. Also what about pushing it back in, I tried with my hand and that was a little dangerous, almost got it pinched. But with the foot it just kind of thuds back in place. Seems like it had like a rubber bump stop so assume it's ok.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
With my amp step there was a slight learning curve to deploying the step without looking like I had no idea what I was doing. But once I figured out the motion, it’s a smooth motion.
stowing the step is as simple as a light kick or firm nudge with a knee and it springs back under the corner of the bumper.

whitexc

Reaction score
I installed mine as well last week, really like it and super easy install. One question though, do you find it hard to get your foot in there to extend it without rubbing your foot on the bumper? Sometimes I just use my hand to extend so I don't end up wearing a spot on the bumper.. Also what about pushing it back in, I tried with my hand and that was a little dangerous, almost got it pinched. But with the foot it just kind of thuds back in place. Seems like it had like a rubber bump stop so assume it's ok.
I too use my hand to bring it out for use...can't be scuffing up muh bumper lol. And yes putting back to stow mode is loud and or dangerous. Keep your hands off of it.

#askmehowiknow

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I take it Pete must have been your friend who left then since Jack stayed on. I used to buy brewing supplies from Home Brew mart back in the 90s. Constellation Brands (primarily an importer of Spirits and wine) has distribution rights Grupo Modelo brand because of an Antitrust agreement when AB InBev took over Grupo Modelo. Buying Ballast Point gave Constellation their first brewery ownership but it didn't last for them. I had never heard of Kings and Convicts when they bought Ballast Point in 2019.

Thanks for your service guys! My dad was Navy. Step pop USMC.
No. Its Joe Derosier, or Joe Hauler as most people know him.

I'm a home brewer as well. Doing mostly west coast style IPAs nowadays. Need to get back to brewing. Also do wine from kits for the wife.

Thanks to your Pops and Step Pops as well for their service.
I did 21 years active duty, retired in ,'01 and have worked for the Navy ever since. So 41 years total so far. Still riding ships.

angrymatt

Reaction score
I've been using my hand to extend it so I don't hit the bumper. It retracts pretty harsh with a light bump. I'm guessing I'll get more used to it with time. It certainly retracts with some force now.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I use my foot and stand next to the bed and push towards the back of the truck. Never a issue hitting the bumper.
Push it back in with my foot as well. Yea, it does thump a bit going back in.

Arth

Reaction score
Bought the truck last week.

Added a bed cover, radar detector, and factory rubber floor mats. Waiting for the OEM side steps to come in.

Currently it's getting a titan fuel tank installed and tint will get done this Friday. Happy so far.20210719_184402.jpg20210719_184414.jpg

Nd79

Reaction score
I use my foot and stand next to the bed and push towards the back of the truck. Never a issue hitting the bumper.
This is exactly how I use mine. I've never rubbed the bumper facing towards the back of the truck, even with my work boots on.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
This is the same way I use mine.

I will also add, I really like the textured grip on the OEM step. I think the AMP has some ridges but I don't think it's textured?

BroKV

Reaction score
The OEM bed step is the best $300 I’ve spent in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Bought the truck last week.

Added a bed cover, radar detector, and factory rubber floor mats. Waiting for the OEM side steps to come in.

Currently it's getting a titan fuel tank installed and tint will get done this Friday. Happy so far.View attachment 19529View attachment 19530

Nice front plate there Brother. :cool:

Nice looking truck as well.

Thanks for your service. Retired Navy here.

CdnHO

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite accessories on my truck. It seems so simple but this is by far the most useful thing that's been added.
Don't know how I would get into the bed on mine without it; short of carrying a step ladder. Factory installed. I installed the Amp side step on the driver's side as well.IMG_1153.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread