Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Yup backorder also ,good luck
I got one from auto anything a couple weeks ago, took 3 days to show up. Think I got it for around $370… just had to ask them for a discount :) I bought that and the Leer HF650M tonneau cover.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Got a Bakflip MX4 delivered... debating on whether to put it on now or wait until after bedliner (local Line-X is currently out of product and not sure when more will come).

I don't really want to install it twice...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Install it! It’s super easy to remove and install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailWhale

Reaction score
What wheels are these?? They are beautiful.

Thanks!

Method 306 Mesh wheels with OMF rock rings.

e04273514857697593629b295735d153.jpg

c06b6883c3e967000540eecfd81d6671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Installed my new Husky fifth wheel adaptor for the puck system and installed my old fifth wheel hitch.
Then tested it out to see how level the trailer would be going from the 1/2 ton to the 3/4 ton.

Pin box and hitch are already maxed out for adjustment. going to need to reposition the leaf springs on the trailer a bit to get the trailer to sit more level. Luckly i have a few more holes left of adjustment there.

Attachments

• Ram Hitch.jpg
    Ram Hitch.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Ram & Durango.jpg
    Ram & Durango.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 100

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Fixed the ugly resonator/exhaust pipe on my PW. Made it the way it should have been from the factory.
Replaced the resonator with a straight pipe. Tucked it in and up, closer to the body. Added a black tip.
Idle sounds better, not much louder, but deeper.
No drone. Quiet when cruising.

20210623_152650.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed my new Husky fifth wheel adaptor for the puck system and installed my old fifth wheel hitch.
Then tested it out to see how level the trailer would be going from the 1/2 ton to the 3/4 ton.

Pin box and hitch are already maxed out for adjustment. going to need to reposition the leaf springs on the trailer a bit to get the trailer to sit more level. Luckly i have a few more holes left of adjustment there.

They gave you adjustment holes on the leaf hangers? Wow.

P.S. That doesn't look like a slidebar head, but I had an old Husky slidebar head and I hated that thing. As safe as they are, they suck to hook or unhook and it was always binding. Made a lot of noise too.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
They gave you adjustment holes on the leaf hangers? Wow.

P.S. That doesn't look like a slidebar head, but I had an old Husky slidebar head and I hated that thing. As safe as they are, they suck to hook or unhook and it was always binding. Made a lot of noise too.
I hear you. I got sold this hitch when i bought the trailer. I have not had to slide it for any reason yet. Only time it might be handy is if hooking up or disconnecting at an angle so i can still drop the tail gate.
Have not ran into that yet. Hitch is available this way from Husky now a days. My dad had the former version that does not pivot side to side.
This one is surprisingly quite after i adjusted the set screws on the bottom of the slider rails.

Pictures attached of the trailer frame. I think 1 hole might be enough. Worried that dropping all the way to the bottom hole would allow too much stress.

Attachments

• frame 1.jpg
    frame 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 90
  • frame 2.jpg
    frame 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 91

CdnHO

Reaction score
Installed Amp Research Bedstep2. 9446CA30-D522-4FD6-874B-074F5F6FFBD8.jpegThe instructions drawings are wrong. For driver’s side assemble the two piece support as shows on passenger side or it will not line up. Sloppy work Amp research. Drove me nuts but finally figured it out out. 416CC3EF-B1AF-45EC-9842-0331964C5301.jpeg

B5DA3F15-7846-4E70-A536-D1D860F4E3FC.jpegIMG_1148.JPGIMG_1148.JPG

The fuel(? lines ran quite close to the upper bracket so I put pipe wrap on the bracket to protect them.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed Amp Research Bedstep2. The instructions drawings are wrong. For driver’s side assemble the two piece support as shows on passenger side or it will not line up. Sloppy work Amp research. Drove me nuts but finally figured it out out.

What does the bracketry look like? I want to move my SRW AMP step to just forward of the wheel and need to put in some nutserts and fab or have made a bracket to connect to the spring hanger.

I hate that the only option was at the front of the bed as my toolbox makes it useless in that location.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you. I got sold this hitch when i bought the trailer. I have not had to slide it for any reason yet. Only time it might be handy is if hooking up or disconnecting at an angle so i can still drop the tail gate.
Have not ran into that yet. Hitch is available this way from Husky now a days. My dad had the former version that does not pivot side to side.
This one is surprisingly quite after i adjusted the set screws on the bottom of the slider rails.

Pictures attached of the trailer frame. I think 1 hole might be enough. Worried that dropping all the way to the bottom hole would allow too much stress.

That angle piece welded at the top of the hanger is great if factory. Many add that aftermarket to prevent hanger breakage.

CdnHO

Reaction score
What does the bracketry look like? I want to move my SRW AMP step to just forward of the wheel and need to put in some nutserts and fab or have made a bracket to connect to the spring hanger.

I hate that the only option was at the front of the bed as my toolbox makes it useless in that location.
4F92A366-EF39-4640-945D-40867A23A747.jpeg

CdnHO

Reaction score

This might help.

Attachments

• AMP_IS-75419.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 26

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Installed some Rough Country rear wheel well liners last night... was not as straightforward as I expected, but got them in!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I think I like those better than whatever the truck came with...seems to cover a larger area.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I think I like those better than whatever the truck came with...seems to cover a larger area.
My factory ones only come to the top of the frame rail. Easy to hose off though.

Users who are viewing this thread