Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Ramit530

Reaction score
Whoa!... I first thought that rock into the wind shield happened to your new one.

What do you have for tires on there?
I purchased Michelin Agilis CrossClimate and had dealer swap at purchase and he credited me for the take off's. So much nicer than the Firestones

Ramit530

Reaction score
So I've been thinking of doing the same thing. If you don't mind me asking. Dont you lose out on all the taxes you paid? I know it varies by state. For instance though I paid almost 3700$ in taxes and if I sell this and buy another I'd have to pay the same 3700 or more in taxes AGAIN. Right? Or is there some kind of loophole or work around?
Yes I had to pay the full tax amount on the new purchase. Had I traded my '19 for the '21, my net trade due to tax break was less than selling the vehicle outright. Sold the '19 for 64,750, the net trade that the selling dealer was offering for the '21 was 62,200. His loss of a nice truck to sell, but my gain of $2550. Yes its crazy out there, I still am in shock that my '19 sold for that much and my '21 after discounts and incentives purchase was $65840 + tax/tags

b307a1

Reaction score
I purchased Michelin Agilis CrossClimate and had dealer swap at purchase and he credited me for the take off's. So much nicer than the Firestones
That was nice of them to do. My current dealer and the one before wanted nothing to do with the Transforce take off's. Get this.....they were willing to dispose of them for me!

b307a1

Reaction score
Yes I had to pay the full tax amount on the new purchase. Had I traded my '19 for the '21, my net trade due to tax break was less than selling the vehicle outright. Sold the '19 for 64,750, the net trade that the selling dealer was offering for the '21 was 62,200. His loss of a nice truck to sell, but my gain of $2550. Yes its crazy out there, I still am in shock that my '19 sold for that much and my '21 after discounts and incentives purchase was $65840 + tax/tags
Purchased from a dealer in Pennsy?

How many miles on the '19?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Would have paid almost no tax at all if you had traded it. Seems to me like you lost money doing it that way

Ramit530

Reaction score
Would have paid almost no tax at all if you had traded it. Seems to me like you lost money doing it that way
No you missed it, my net trade was only 62,200 which includes the tax break of the actual trade value of 58,700 offered by my selling dealership . So selling over and above the 62,200 was money in my pocket. My selling dealer would have had to been the one offering me he 64,750 as a trade for the almost nil in taxes, and he was not willing to do so. Selling dealer, who I have bought several trucks from was making very little on new truck sale and told me straight up, My offer for your '19 is the best I will do, If I get that as trade I will certify it and make some money on it. Can't blame him. Yes it would have been a truly SWEET deal if he upped his trade value but

JCL3139

Reaction score
LOVE this truck. Gives me a sneak peak into what mine is going to look like.

Did you do any paint correction or ceramic coating?

Lets see the whole truck!
I just used some hybrid ceramic wax spray on rinse off. I plan to apply a higher quality ceramic coating in the summer.

Wmhjr

Reaction score
If you plan on leaving it in all the time I would lightly grease it and pull it out once in a while to keep it from rusting in place.
Absofrigginlutely.

Lightly grease it, as well as making sure that the locking mechanism stays lubricated. That's the worst thing about that particular hitch. It's strong and high quality but depending on where you live you REALLY have to stay on top of it or you may have to remove the hitch assembly to free it up. It can corrode really badly.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Absofrigginlutely.

Lightly grease it, as well as making sure that the locking mechanism stays lubricated. That's the worst thing about that particular hitch. It's strong and high quality but depending on where you live you REALLY have to stay on top of it or you may have to remove the hitch assembly to free it up. It can corrode really badly.

Not much issue with rust in central Texas but when I know I won't be using it for a few weeks it comes off and gets stowed in the toolbox. I was told to spray with WD-40 or grease every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread