Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Hambone11

Reaction score
Installed the missing dashboard LED accent lighting in my 2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. I read in other posts that if the wiring and plugs are in the dash then the installation is basically a plug and play once you order the LED lights. I checked behind the drivers side vent, and low and behold, the plug was there so I ordered the three lights. The installation of the light on the left side and above the ignition switch was super easy. The glove box was another story. I read that it’s possible to install the light without taking the upper and lower glove box out. However, after multiple failed attempts, I ended up having to remove the glove boxes to get the light tube installed in the track. It took way longer then I though it would (about 1 1/2 hours) but the end result is they are installed and work fine. It’s the little things that makes me smile.

Attachments

• IMG_1231.jpeg
    IMG_1231.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1233.jpeg
    IMG_1233.jpeg
    650.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 126

oledirteh

Reaction score
My chinesium Veckle mini 0906's have been going for like 5 years now and the one in the truck sits outside in the sun 24x7.

The other has had it's fair share of time exposed to the sun.

I think the trick is they don't use batteries.

i may get another one eventually. ive caught some hilarious stupid's in and around the Baltimore Washington beltway areas

Alligator John

Reaction score
Installed the missing dashboard LED accent lighting in my 2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. I read in other posts that if the wiring and plugs are in the dash then the installation is basically a plug and play once you order the LED lights. I checked behind the drivers side vent, and low and behold, the plug was there so I ordered the three lights. The installation of the light on the left side and above the ignition switch was super easy. The glove box was another story. I read that it’s possible to install the light without taking the upper and lower glove box out. However, after multiple failed attempts, I ended up having to remove the glove boxes to get the light tube installed in the track. It took way longer then I though it would (about 1 1/2 hours) but the end result is they are installed and work fine. It’s the little things that makes me smile.
Dang you Hambone. I just pulled the drivers side vent on my power wagon and yep, the plug is there. Just when I think I am about done adding stuff, someone posts up another project I got to do. I will be adding them now that I know about it. Thanks for posting.

Something else I just noticed. My lower glove box does not have a light, but there is a knockout for one. I am curious if the plug for that is behind there somewhere so I can add it too.

20240411_101506.jpg20240411_111135.jpg

Last edited:

Hambone11

Reaction score
Dang you Hambone. I just pulled the drivers side vent on my power wagon and yep, the plug is there. Just when I think I am about done adding stuff, someone posts up another project I got to do. I will be adding them now that I know about it. Thanks for posting.

Something else I just noticed. My lower glove box does not have a light, but there is a knockout for one. I am curious if the plug for that is behind there somewhere so I can add it too.

View attachment 71646View attachment 71647
My lower glove box does not have a light either. (The upper one does). If there is a way of adding the light to the lower glove box, that would be another project that I would have on my list of to do’s.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Media (1).jpg

Installed a bed cover for an upcoming trip. Going to miss the toolbox, but it's nice to have some "dry" space. It is a FAS-TOP Original. I was really tempted to go with a soft topper, but I decided to save the money and invest it in rear springs to fix that rake. Thuren soft ride 1/2 lower springs are in my rear future. I think with the "light"(regular cab) truck it'll be close to factory height, then I'll fill the bed with tools and it should be closer to level. If it's not level I'll buy more tools :cool:

deanfx

Reaction score
My lower glove box does not have a light either. (The upper one does). If there is a way of adding the light to the lower glove box, that would be another project that I would have on my list of to do’s.
I ordered the glovebox light for mine, but I can't find the plug for it. My upper glovebox has a working light. Let me know if you find the plug.

Hambone11

Reaction score
I ordered the glovebox light for mine, but I can't find the plug for it. My upper glovebox has a working light. Let me know if you find the plug.
I don’t remember seeing an extra plug when I took both gloveboxes off. I wonder if it’s plugged into the back of the dummy plug where the light is suppose to be?? I will try and pop it out tomorrow and see……..

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Installed the missing dashboard LED accent lighting in my 2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. I read in other posts that if the wiring and plugs are in the dash then the installation is basically a plug and play once you order the LED lights. I checked behind the drivers side vent, and lo and behold, the plug was there so I ordered the three lights. The installation of the light on the left side and above the ignition switch was super easy. The glove box was another story. I read that it’s possible to install the light without taking the upper and lower glove box out. However, after multiple failed attempts, I ended up having to remove the glove boxes to get the light tube installed in the track. It took way longer then I though it would (about 1 1/2 hours) but the end result is they are installed and work fine. It’s the little things that makes me smile.year is your Ram HD that has the plugs

Would my 2020 have those plus for the dashboard LED accent lighting?

Alligator John

Reaction score
‘23 and up are missing the wiring for the lower glovebox light.
I pulled my lower glove box and popped that plug out. Mine is a 23 so your right. I found no wiring or connector for it. Still should be an easy project. I ordered the switch/light combo that fits that hole, found a used pigtailed connector on ebay, and ordered an LED bulb for a brighter light. I already have a streamlight charger mounted just left of the glove box and wires to it accessible behind the left side of the glove box. I can splice in there to provide power to the glove box light. Should be an easy project.

20240412_150253.jpg20240412_150308.jpg

deanfx

Reaction score
I pulled my lower glove box and popped that plug out. Mine is a 23 so your right. I found no wiring or connector for it. Still should be an easy project. I ordered the switch/light combo that fits that hole, found a used pigtailed connector on ebay, and ordered an LED bulb for a brighter light. I already have a streamlight charger mounted just left of the glove box and wires to it accessible behind the left side of the glove box. I can splice in there to provide power to the glove box light. Should be an easy project.

View attachment 71715View attachment 71716
Where are you getting power for the streamlight? That looks awesome

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Installed Amp Research Bed Step today. Easy install, super handy to have.

I installed the reverse lights a week ago. It's the dual mount from NH Overland. This is the inbound location, so as you can see plenty of room for a 2nd light with the step. The light is the DOT/SAE fog pattern from Baja Designs. I'm still building the y-harness to power two of them on each side. Used the T harness from NH Overland also. Excellent quality as usual.

1713050126188.jpeg

Last edited:

AZ8

Reaction score
Installed the Rugged wheel liners. Looks OK, but install was a royal PITA! Holes didn’t line up and I ended up resorting to redneck engineering(cut and trim) to get it to work. Even invented some new curse words! lol On a scale of 1-10, I’d rate it a 12. Funny that some plastic defeated me!

It’s a tight fit with some stress/flex points. You can see the bulge(exaggerated by the shadow, not as bad in person) where the bend in the frame is for the shock mount. Might rip it out this summer and find something else. Wish the OEM was deeper to cover the frame. It’s the reason I went aftermarket.

Overall, I’d give the Rugged Liner a 6 rating.

20240413_152000.jpeg

JustMeAndMy3500

Reaction score
Installed the Rugged wheel liners. Looks OK, but install was a royal PITA! Holes didn’t line up and I ended up resorting to redneck engineering(cut and trim) to get it to work. Even invented some new curse words! lol On a scale of 1-10, I’d rate it a 12. Funny that some plastic defeated me!

It’s a tight fit with some stress/flex points. You can see the bulge(exaggerated by the shadow, not as bad in person) where the bend in the frame is for the shock mount. Might rip it out this summer and find something else. Wish the OEM was deeper to cover the frame. It’s the reason I went aftermarket.

Overall, I’d give the Rugged Liner a 6 rating.

View attachment 71763
Left on left and right on right? Not questioning you, just asking a question.

AZ8

Reaction score
Left on left and right on right? Not questioning you, just asking a question.
Yes. Each was labeled Driver side and Passenger side. After placing the liner in the wheel well and getting it lined up properly, pretty much all the holes were off and I could not manipulate it enough to align. Basically had to cut half moons in the liner where each hole was to give me wiggle room for the OEM fasteners. Passenger went ok, the drivers side was a royal PITA. Not sure why!?

I have a feeling these aren’t built for each specific model, but rather a universal type fabrication to fit multiple models. Think I’ll go OEM this summer even tho they don’t drop as deep and cover up the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread